Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 04:03 AM

11,223 posts, read 16,355,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Here is an updated video showing the exterior and interior of my limousine. Also a quick look at the engine (near the end).

I plan to add captions which can be seen during the video once I figure out how to do it.

1976 Cadillac Limousine, exterior and interior - YouTube
Nice, Fleet! I didn't know which seat I wanted to curl up and go to sleep first lol. That vinyl top is in great shape as well. What is the square gauge in the center of the dash? Was that a thermometer?

If so, does it do inside and outside? It seemed to be reading the same(ish) as the obviously original thermometer in the back BTW...If its 70F...why are you wearing a sweater?! I'd still have the top off my Jeep if I had that temp right about now!

That's got to be a 7 body trunk too. No where for drinks in the back?

Great ride. Love the sound of that stereo, man. So classic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 05:34 AM

5,654 posts, read 5,136,382 times

1971 Austin Mini Cooper S

Old 02-22-2013, 02:52 PM

275 posts, read 975,392 times

sentra 2000

Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 PM

24,472 posts, read 33,154,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Nice, Fleet! I didn't know which seat I wanted to curl up and go to sleep first lol. That vinyl top is in great shape as well. What is the square gauge in the center of the dash? Was that a thermometer?

If so, does it do inside and outside? It seemed to be reading the same(ish) as the obviously original thermometer in the back BTW...If its 70F...why are you wearing a sweater?! I'd still have the top off my Jeep if I had that temp right about now!

That's got to be a 7 body trunk too. No where for drinks in the back?

Great ride. Love the sound of that stereo, man. So classic.
Glad you like the video, Mag. Choose the back seat for sleeping! Very soft and done in crushed velour.

Yes, the square gauge in the center of the dash is a thermometer, which I added. It only shows inside temp but that would be a good idea to have an inside/outside thermometer mounted in the same place. You are right... both front and rear thermometers usually have the same reading.

It was 70 degrees in the car but it was a cool, overcast day (video is from April, 2012). Cool for California, that is. Something like low 60s outside, so for me a T-shirt was not enough. I picked a cloudy day to make the video because when it's sunny the sun makes too many obvious shadows inside the car.

The trunk is big, yes, but the spare tire is mounted on the floor, not above the rear axle area like it is on the other Cadillac models. This is because the rear climate control system takes up the space over the rear axle. Still, I can fit a mountain bike in the trunk.

Yes, the sound of the stereo is good considering that there is no aftermarket amplifier or hi-performance speakers.

Speaking of the stereo, note at 2:15 in the video; that is where I change the stereo controls to the rear. And at 4:04 to 4:14, I demonstrate how to increase the volume of the radio in the front compartment... the ring behind the right knob. I also show that when the radio is being controlled from the rear compartment, you cannot raise the volume in the front compartment by using the left volume knob... it is overridden as long as the rear radio controls are activated. The rear radio and climate controls are also illuminated whenever the ignition is on and the sliding door to the controls is open.

The above shows some of the unique features of this model. Another example: from the driver's position, you can raise the rear windows but can't lower them (so only the owner could have access to the rear compartment). As well, the power door locks will lock all the doors but will not unlock them. However, there is another power door lock switch for the right rear passenger and he can unlock all the doors as well as raising/lowering the glass partition window.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:54 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,072,714 times
2010 Volkswagen CC

Old 02-23-2013, 02:33 AM

10,296 posts, read 8,461,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

1971 Austin Mini Cooper S

Pics please. original Minis are cool!

Old 02-23-2013, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Pics please. original Minis are cool!
As you asked so nicely.

Last edited by Baldrick; 04-25-2013 at 08:28 AM..

Old 02-23-2013, 05:58 AM

5,416 posts, read 5,911,846 times
Quote:
As you asked so nicely.

Beautiful!

I see you are still running the original SU's. I've spent many a day with a float gauge getting my SU's correctly sync'ed. (60&61 Bugeye, 67 Sprite, 64&67 3000) Loved them all.
You appear to be spared much of the smog controls that clogged up the late 60's and 70's cars here in the Colonies.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:20 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,355,168 times
Quote:
As you asked so nicely.

Sweet Mini, Baldrick! Aren't you a little tall for that thing? lol

This is all I can think of now.

The Simpsons - Tall Man in Car on Vimeo

Hey, is that your house in those pics? If so, what's the age?

Old 02-23-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Beautiful!

I see you are still running the original SU's. I've spent many a day with a float gauge getting my SU's correctly sync'ed. (60&61 Bugeye, 67 Sprite, 64&67 3000) Loved them all.
You appear to be spared much of the smog controls that clogged up the late 60's and 70's cars here in the Colonies.
It did then yeah. I've got a pair of ex-works HIF38s (1 1/2") with angled manifold (gives it a little more room for the larger carbs) that is on it now. The pics were taken just after I got the Mini last summer before I fitted them. Your right about the smog too, none over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Sweet Mini, Baldrick! Aren't you a little tall for that thing? lol
Well, at 6'3" I fit ok, my eldest is 6'5" though and he needs to have his head at an angle and our shoulders touch. It's amusing though when someone leans on the horn behind us at a set of lights and me and him crawl out of the thing for a polite discussion on motoring etiquette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive