Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 10:43 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I bought her this morning after a 4 hour drive to pick it up (I looked at it last week). I've been after one for years but very hard to find one with RHD.... I am ooooone happy man!.

1972 Citroen DS 23 'Pallas'
Wow, Baldrick! That is in amazing shape! How many miles on her? I'm a fan of those tail lights along the roof line.

That steering wheel is messing me up. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 10:50 PM

290 posts, read 922,035 times
1 month old...

Old 03-01-2013, 05:15 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Some say this car still has the best ride of any automobile ever made...

Looks stunning!
It is the most comfortable car i've ever driven in. There's no "floatiness" despite the softness of the ride and practically no body roll. Surprised at the engine too, it's a 2.3ltr, inline 4 with 141bhp when new (mine dyno'd at 153bhp last week, apparently not uncommon on these after a rebuild) and while not a rocket it's very smooth. No real 'kick' at any point but very progressive, feels like a 3ltr V6 but without the torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Wow, Baldrick! That is in amazing shape! How many miles on her? I'm a fan of those tail lights along the roof line.

That steering wheel is messing me up. lol
Citroen DS at Top Gear - Dailymotion video (this is the same year and model as mine.) It's done 31,800 miles. It had a £9,000 rebuild of engine internals, gearbox, all new glass, complete wiring strip and full suspension refit 2 years ago and has done just over 1500 miles since then. Those roof line lights are the indicators and the steering wheel is a mind-blower yeah, doesn't flex in your hands though, you can't twist it and it's as solid as a normal multi-spoked one. The column shift was a bit odd at first but i've got used to it (pretty much) and my daughter loves it, no more arguing with the wife as to who sits in the front, now they both do.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:03 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I bought her this morning after a 4 hour drive to pick it up (I looked at it last week). I've been after one for years but very hard to find one with RHD.... I am ooooone happy man!.

1972 Citroen DS 23 'Pallas'
Beautiful! I've always loved those.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 AM

556 posts, read 1,228,168 times
2008 Velocity Yellow Corvette

2013 Ford Escape

95 Saturn SL1, 238,000 miles... lol

Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 AM

406 posts, read 501,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
2008 Velocity Yellow Corvette

2013 Ford Escape

95 Saturn SL1, 238,000 miles... lol
Awesome fleet! Sounds about like something I'd like to have one day once I purchase a nice home with enough room.... a new, comfortable daily driver for everyday needs, a fun/sunny day/project car like a nice Mustang or 'Vette...and an old high mileage vehicle for trips to Manhattan or whatever else I'd like to beat it down with. Only difference is, I'd have a '95 Suburban or Bronco rather than a small car, since I'd like to be able to use it during heavy snowfall, plowing, hauling stuff, etc.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:16 AM

556 posts, read 1,228,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepRightPassLeft View Post
Awesome fleet! Sounds about like something I'd like to have one day once I purchase a nice home with enough room.... a new, comfortable daily driver for everyday needs, a fun/sunny day/project car like a nice Mustang or 'Vette...and an old high mileage vehicle for trips to Manhattan or whatever else I'd like to beat it down with. Only difference is, I'd have a '95 Suburban or Bronco rather than a small car, since I'd like to be able to use it during heavy snowfall, plowing, hauling stuff, etc.
Thanks . The Escape is the fiancees DD, I catch a commuter bus into town for work and the bus stop is 1 mile from the house so I drive the Saturn back and forth every day. Fill it up once every other month with 10 gallons. Some days I drive the vette to the bus but it kills me to drive it a mile then let it sit out for 9 hours then drive it a mile back.

The vette is our after work DD Mid March-December. The escape is advertised as 30mpg highway but that's at ~55mph, gets 22-24mpg at a normal speed of 75-80mph. Vette gets 28mpg at 80mph so it is also our preferred long trip vehicle. Driving it 1200 miles round trip to South Carolina in 6 weeks.

Our wedding is in September so we are putting every dime away into that right now, would like to replace the Saturn with a mid 2000's 3 series after that. We are also talking about building or buying a new house, need the garage space... this 2 car **** sucks lol

Old 03-01-2013, 01:43 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,715,978 times
Picked it up Wednesday night...2014.

Attached Thumbnails
Post your car-newjeepedited.jpg  

Old 03-01-2013, 05:15 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Some say this car still has the best ride of any automobile ever made...
Actually, the (production) Cadillac Series Seventy-Five Limousine (and 9-passenger sedan) had an extremely smooth ride. Due to the very long wheelbase (149.8" and 151.5", depending on the year), the heavy weight (5,500-6,000 lbs, again depending on the year) and the well-designed suspension.

As it said in the Cadillac brochure, "The ride: Incredibly smooth."

It's going back quite a few years, but here are comments from an article on a road test of a 1959 Cadillac:

"Cadillac's ride has been good in most recent years. This year, however, they've really hit the mark. The car rode as level as any I've ever driven, including the fabulous Citroen DS-19. Bumps in the road displace the wheels most of the their length of travel before the body begins to rise gently for a short distance."

"Without a detailed analysis, let me simply say that I feel the Cadillac's ride is now the best in the luxury- or any other- price field. The competition is terrific and comes very close, but this year, for the first time in recent years, Cadillac is the best."

(Car Life, May, 1959)

Old 03-01-2013, 06:47 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
She's 10 months old already, how the time flies:

I hope it doesn't cause anybody to dry heave lol. My former car (now wife's) is posted a few pages back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive