Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 05:26 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Poll: Americans again prefer U.S.-made cars - Autos- msnbc.com

As an American who cares about the U.S. economy and the American auto industry, I think this is great news.
Maybe it's because we purchased the companies with our tax dollars.

And there is a big difference between a car being assembled here and being BUILT here. Ford for instance has the majority of it's parts and pieces sourced here in the U.S. while the foreign cars do not. I'd also rather see the profit staying here on the mainland Detroit then financing some new building in downtown Tokyo or Soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 06:07 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,673,674 times
Polls can show anything the pollsters want them to show.

Nobody called me for this poll....maybe they knew they wouldn't like my answers...

Old 04-24-2010, 07:19 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post

Nobody called me for this poll....maybe they knew they wouldn't like my answers...
Nobody called me either, and my answer would have balanced yours out, so that makes it even again .

Old 04-24-2010, 02:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Yes, but you can't deny the fact that sales of Ford and GM cars in the U.S. are up while Honda and Toyota are down.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, but you can't deny the fact that sales of Ford and GM cars in the U.S. are up while Honda and Toyota are down.

I can't confirm or deny...I don't know or care. I do know me, myself, and I won't be in those GM/Ford sales figures.

I do wish Ford the best, though....I inherited a large amout of Ford stock, which hasn't paid a nickel in dividends in I can't remember when. I might start believing the hype when I find a check from Ford in my mailbox...

Old 04-24-2010, 10:42 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,039,693 times
Quote:
I might start believing the hype when I find a check from Ford in my mailbox...
And that is the bottom line.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:01 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
Quote:
I can't confirm or deny...I don't know or care. I do know me, myself, and I won't be in those GM/Ford sales figures.

I do wish Ford the best, though....I inherited a large amout of Ford stock, which hasn't paid a nickel in dividends in I can't remember when. I might start believing the hype when I find a check from Ford in my mailbox...
So Ford has to pay you on something you inherited before you'll believe they have good cars? OMG... I don't think anyone is paying much on dividends right now. Get real.

Whatever.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
So Ford has to pay you on something you inherited before you'll believe they have good cars? OMG... I don't think anyone is paying much on dividends right now. Get real.

Whatever.

Yeah, profitable companies pay dividends to their shareholders. How one acquires their shares is immaterial...

I think you have dividends confused with interest rates....I have many stocks that are paying healthy dividends.

Anyway, if Ford is making good cars, people should be buying lots of them, which should result in operating profits, which should result in dividend checks in my mailbox!

BTW, I did a little research...it was Ford's creditors that forced them to suspend dividends as a condition of the 20-some billion dollars in loans that have kept Ford afloat without bellying up to the government trough with the rest of them.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:50 AM

16 posts, read 98,064 times
Ya I remember all those years that I preferred German cars because of their superior luxury advertising.... And those hondas that claim 1mpg more than the cheaper american version of the same car that lasts just as long

No I never preferred to buy a car from a manufacturer whose descendants have killed thousands of our own people, and if we lose touch with our own car manufacturers in the US then it'll happen again but worse. These US plants aren't used for chargers and silverados and taurus's when the bombs start dropping on our country. I still don't understand why the American people as a whole don't understand this wartime manufacturing thing

Old 04-25-2010, 12:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Still stuck in the past I see.I guess this mean some will not buy cars made i the northern sates and others not in the southern sates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive