Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Your information is irrelevant. I did not call you a liar. Just because your information is irrelevant does not make you a liar. It does speak volumes about your reading comprehension abilities however. Please do not put words in my mouth.

If you look at your links, they clearly say MAZDA6 NOT MAZDA3. The OP is speaking of the Mazda3. There is a huge difference between the Mazda3 and the Mazda6. So basically you know what you can do with your sarcastic face.

Have a wonderful evening!
Oy Vey! I get rep'd by one and cussed by another.

Such is life...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 07:30 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Oy Vey! I get rep'd by one and cussed by another.

Such is life...........

Can't be wrong, can you? Well, everyone can see for themselves.

Last edited by Steve_TN; 04-26-2010 at 07:38 PM..

Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,421,033 times
The Mazda is based on the Ford C1 global platform. The Fusion is based on the CD3 global platform.

Done.

As for the OP, both are good cars. Unless you need a more mid-size car and passenger space that the fusion provides, I would go with the Mazda. More fun and more sporty, plus you can get more options for less money.

Also of note, most Mazda dealers work with dealer cash, which isn't disclosed and does not have to be given to the purchaser, as opposed to rebates. For instance, Edmunds lists no rebates currently on the Mazda3 except for owner loyalty cash. However (and I am not sure of the exact amounts as they vary), I would bet that there is $1000 - $1500 in dealer cash on the 3 right now.

If you want to push on the Mazda, you might be able to get them to dip into it.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:46 AM

6 posts, read 11,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Not that it matters to me but i don't like being called a liar. The cars are cousins based on the info I linked to.
I just got here, but as my buddy told me, this site is hilarious!

Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I've been posting threads over the past few weeks regarding which vehicle I should purchase. I've narrowed it down to two. Its between the Mazda 3 and Ford Fusion. I know the 3 is a smaller vehicle but I have zero interest in the 6, I just do not like how it looks.

I get a work discount on the Fusion so I will be paying just over invoice, no hassle. I will want to get a base SE model with automatic. I would get a S model but it only comes in a beige interior which I can't stand. For the Mazda 3, I've torn between the Sport and Touring. I would like to have power locks but I'm not sure if I want to throw down an extra 1500 or so for the Touring to get that a few other options. The Sport will be about 3k less than the SE Fusion and will cost me around $65-75 less a month. The Touring would be around $30-35 less a month.

Which do you consider a better vehicle and why?

Since I know people will ask, my old car was a 08 GT Mustang. I sold it and its gone. Since Friday, I have been driving a Kio Rio rental. Its awesome. I get a nice work discount thru Enterprise so I'm only paying $80 or so for a week rental. I am looking to get a vehicle most likely next Monday.

I just something more practical and keep my cost lower. I like the Fusion interior much more but I like the Mazda's sporty feel on the exterior. I kinda feel the Fusion is more for older person, 24 year old male.
well did you like the interior on your mustang a 2010 fusion should a be step above it ford always seemed to have decent plastics.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
well did you like the interior on your mustang a 2010 fusion should a be step above it ford always seemed to have decent plastics.
Yea, I like the interior of the Fusion more than the Mazda 3. The exterior, I like the Mazda 3. If they were the same price, I'd probably go with the Fusion but the Fusion is 2-3k more which equals 30 or so extra a month. I'm leaning more towards the Touring trim Mazda 3 because of the Dynamic Stability Control and the Traction Control System. I do alot of driving, mostly freeway so I need to be able to stop fast often.

I get a work discount on the Fusion where its only two hundred or so over invoice. I'm going to get more info about the prices for each. However, I'm leaning towards the Mazda 3 right now.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,184 times
Quote:
Also, don't forget to factor in insurance rates which may very well be higher for the 3 because of its sportier appeal.
You were right but its not a big difference. About 30 more for 6 months on the Mazda 3.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:36 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
I'm having a little trouble following all your numbers on costs here, but it sounds as though you'd wind up paying a few thousand more for the Fusion. I'm not sure that's worth it.

On the other hand, in all my years of driving I know I've had many more times that I wished I had more room than thinking I had too much. Even if you don't think you need it, a little roomier car may be worthwhile.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:59 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
[quote=getmeoutofhere;13918948]The Mazda is based on the Ford C1 global platform. The Fusion is based on the CD3 global platform.

Done.

Thank you!

Old 04-28-2010, 04:41 PM

745 posts, read 2,208,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I'm leaning more towards the Touring trim Mazda 3 because of the Dynamic Stability Control and the Traction Control System. I do alot of driving, mostly freeway so I need to be able to stop fast often.
You may already know this, but Dynamic/Electronic Stability Control and Traction control are standard on the Fusion. Your quote might have just been regarding the 3-Touring vs. 3-Sport.

FYI, I also think you previously mentioned the handling of both cars but wasn't sure if you test drove the Fusion S or SE and compared it to the Mazda 3, but if you previously considered and test drove the S and are now comparing the SE, it's worth noting the SE should handle a little better. The S uses P205/60R16 tires and the SE/SEL use 225/50R17 tires. The 3-Touring uses a P205/55R16 wheel for comparison. The contact patch--the surface area of tire that contacts the road--is smaller in the S resulting in less rolling resistance and slightly better mpg. The trade off comes in braking and handling performance because there literally is less rubber on the road to stop and steer. The S also uses the Goodyear fuel saving Assurance radial which has a different rubber compound than the Michelin MVX-4 on the SE and SEL. The S also uses an aluminum alloy wheel which is lighter than the steel wheel/wheel cover on the SE. It might not make a difference, especially if it all just comes down to the final price, but it seems worth mentioning considering the features you were deciding on and the Fusion you might have tested.

Last edited by Trevor92; 04-28-2010 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: Adding the 3-Touring's wheel size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive