Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type vehicle do you own?/Can you help me decide on a vehicle?
Large SUV 18 20.22%
Small SUV 18 20.22%
4 door sedan 37 41.57%
Cross over 6 6.74%
Extend cab truck 11 12.36%
Luxury car 16 17.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:55 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times

Advertisements

You guys have me laughing all over the desk here. Ok, let me get my gear and I'll meet ya. Oh let's see, my chocolate lab 115 lbs., my 13 yro who has two friends in the pool, they need to go, can't trust 'em by themselves, Oh, my purse (big) and laptop in case I need to conduct business, my briefcase cause if I conduct business, I might need files, our cooler for drinks for kids, portable dvd, ipod, air freshner - cuz those kids are gonna start smelling, LOL, I guess I'll leave the rest at home, so we can squeeze everything in with ya'lls.

Hey, we need to be on the lookout for closeout sales as well, I am in need of some new patio furniture, mine is just gone, and I have been looking for a buffet table for a couple years, if we see one reasonable, need to grab that as well. ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 12:03 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I have a plan. All of us girls will get together and bring our kids and all go w/ aiangel car shopping. Of course we have to test drive the vehicle to make sure we all fit comfortably and safely. Bring the ice chests (one for drinks and the other for sandwich stuff) and lawn chairs... Man, this could be a blast.

Very Very funny!

Count me in for the following:

1. Wet sand from the beach to test the floor mats
2. Gummy worms for the upholstery
3. Shopping buggy to test how the body stands up to the "buggy charge"
4. Tupperware bowl of bird poopy to see how the paint holds out on the hood
5. Upright street sign to test the bumper and air bags, you know the kids will eventually learn how to drive!
6. Roofing nails to test tires, you know hubby will leave some in the driveway one day

If I think of more I'll let you know. Now THIS will be FUN!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:17 PM

LOL, before I can TRADE the mustang I need to get the rear end fixed where the oldest backed over my dh's Ford 550 that HE just DIDN"T SEE!

I just got the front end fixed when the then 11 year old decided that the car needed backed out of the driveway. Oh, did I mention the car is a straight shift? He rammed it INTO the house! No kidding, I was in the bath tub when I heard a huge sound, followed immediately by the whole house shaking. I got out of the tub, almost slipped on the newly installed tile floors, grabbed a towl, ran thru the house screaming Oh My God over and over, came to an abrupt stop at the carport door and witnessed my son running around and around in the carport screaming, glass everywhere, the car was smoking and dh who had just pulled up was out and cussing like there was no tommorrow.

DH looked at me as I sped out the door, and did a double take, came up to me, put his arms on my shoulders and said in a very calm voice, Go put some clothes on, you are naked as a jaybird. He then picked up the towel that was trailing behind me and wrapped it around my shoulders and turned me towards the door and gently but firmly pushed me back inside.

His work crew had not left yet, my son was there and everyone was turning towards the road, shoulders heaving, laughter evident by the smirks they could not hide.

Thankfully, young son was not injured by the wreck, but was injuried by the spanking dh gave him.! He hit the chimney which saved the house, only knocked one stone loose, and hit a mirror I had put beside the chimney which I had taken down from a wall. The front bumper, side panel and hood all needed to be replaced!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
LMAO!!!!!!!!! Maybe you could piece Mustang together w/ a friend of ours Mustang. His is about the same age if not a bit older. He had it parked in the company parking lot and one of the trucks ran over it. He got it fixed as he does not want to part with it since he has to leave it in the parking lot at work for a few days at a time.

You did see the car I plan on getting mine right? That huge boat of a 76 Cadillac convertible. LOL!!!

I think us girls are going to have a heck of a time. The ONLY problem I forsee is those 13 year old boys w/ my 12 year old girl and her friends. Hmmmmm, that could be troulbe brewing right there. NO BENCH SEATS!!! Only buckets.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:28 PM

LOL, that will be a problem. My son has girls falling over him all the time, can't even have a quiet evening at home with out the phone ringing, NOW I got him a cell phone cause I was so tired of the constant ringing of our home phone, so when I yell at him and want to know why eveyrone is calling the home phone, his answer? I got tired of hearing my phone ring so I turned it off. WTHeck. I am ready to strangle him. I love him dearly, but he is a handful.

Don't know what we will do bout them little boys and girls. Hey I got it, we can go girl, dog, boy, dog, girl, dog, how the heck did that gekeco get here? Um, where was I? oh yeah....

Old 06-20-2007, 12:30 PM

3,287 posts, read 9,183,864 times
Reminds me of the three car wreck in the garage that my sister had...and only ONE car was being driven, LOL.

This is how the story went:

Ladies, y'all want won't believe this one! My sister called me this morning to wish me a happy birthday and to just chat. Anyway, in the course of the conversation, she asked if she had mentioned her *three car wreck in the garage*.

Yeap...that's what I said...THREE cars IN the garage.

My brother in law collects cars like some people collect recipes. And my brother in law and sister have more money than God. (too bad they let it go to their head)

Anyway, she had been down at their condo in FL and her car had been in for service. She normally just picks it up but decided to have them deliver it to the house this time. They've done this before with no problems so it wasn't the first time but it wasn't a typical scenario.

They were at some function for his company and one of the guys high up in the company comes over to my sister and tells her that she needs to sit down and have a glass of wine. Now my sister use to drink everyone under the table but in the last 10-15 years has not had more than about 6 glasses of wine a year. And she seldom drinks anything else. So she turned him down, he insisted. She turned him down again. He goes, you REALLY want to sit down and have a glass of wine (NOT a good sign). Anyway, he proceeded to tell her about the phone call her husband had gotten just an hour before....LOL

You KNOW something is wrong when your kid starts a phone call with *Hi daddy, we're okay*. That's how my brother in law got his from his youngest, my niece. She then proceeded to tell him what happened.

Apparently the guy who delivered my sister's Mercedes SUV was to park the vehicle about 2 ft from the garage door. He hit the gas instead of the brakes and slammed thru the garage door right into my brother in law's Mercedes Convertible. Which proceeded to skid into the snowblower and both skidded into the wall of the house which is the wall of the utility room and backed into the washer/dryer!!! The force of this also made the cars slide sideways into my sister's Porsche parked next to her husband's Convertible. Now the ONLY car being driven was the SUV.

The garage door was hit so hard it was hanging loose and on top of both vehicles. It had to be bent back onto the tracks just enough to cover the area til it can be replaced. My sister had to have the service repair people out to check her washer/dryer before she would use them. The snowblower is now a work of art cause it sure isn't a snowblower. And it went in under the Convertible so who knows what damage it caused.

The owner of the repair shop was out there about to have a stroke trying to figure out what he was going to do, my sister has a loaner cause both of her cars were damaged beyond driving. My brother in law, however, does have his *land yacht* to drive...he has a standard Mercedes.

My sister's comment was that as long as all three of her garage doors match exactly, she'll be happy again. And since her's are oversize doors, not standard ones...and an unusual color, they may be replacing all three of them. She suspects the poor driver is already job hunting.

I was howling with laughter by the time she finished....only things like this could happen to my sister. Liz

Old 06-20-2007, 12:47 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,744,874 times
OMG aiangel_writer, wiping iced tea from the screen and sitting here rolling with laughter @ nekkid as a jaybird! Too funny.

Then southerl....howling @ massive car pileup in garage.

I know for a fact that you get teens the worst looking car there is because they will most certainly wreck it. My youngest daughter totalled her first car three days after getting her license and before she was 17 she had three wrecks...not all were her fault. My oldest, tore up two motors in one car and then we made her drive an old 1976 buick that was as long as a semi trailer combination.... about two weeks later, she backed out of my sister's driveway into the city police chief's police car (he was my sister's neighbor). OMG good thing I was in the insurance industry.

I think all moms deserve to drive the car of their choice...just for putting up with our children's antics over the years!

Last edited by doll lady; 06-20-2007 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-20-2007, 02:08 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doll lady View Post
OMG aiangel_writer, wiping iced tea from the screen and sitting here rolling with laughter @ nekkid as a jaybird! Too funny.

Then southerl....howling @ massive car pileup in garage.

I think all moms deserve to drive the car of their choice...just for putting up with our children's antics over the years!

AMEN to that last one. Not only that but the fact that our cars are the ones that end up smelling like a fast food drive-thru. LOL!!! Hubby can not understand WHY my car ends up w/ a stray french fry and his never do. LET ME TELL YA........ CAUSE I'M THE ONE THAT HAS TO HAUL THEM AROUND ALL OVER TOWN! DUH!

Oh SouthernLady....... that is HYSTERICAL! I was choking on my popsicle reading that. Good sign that something bad is getting ready to be told you, "No, you REALLY want a drink and to sit down". Then the fact those cars are EXPENSIVE to fix. YA-OUCH! As the owner of a biz that has drivers out we have had more than our fair share of IDIOTS hitting parked cars at customers and such. Some of them after you get all the facts you just have to shake your head and wonder how in the world some of these people even function on a day to day basis.

I can say that I am NOT the one that has hit any wall in the garage, garage door or other car parked in our driveway or garage. Now my dh..... and he gets on to me. Geez. He has hit one of our own cars (minor thankfully). He has backed INTO the large monster plastic garbage cans we get from the city that happened to be placed in FRONT of one of the garage doors where HE PUT IT! Therefore causing a HUGE dent in it and knocking it totally off track so bad that it had to have a panel replaced. He also has knocked over a mailbox. Me. I'm the VERY ANAL one went it comes to where and how I park. I don't want so much as a scratch much less a door ding. I hate to tell you though that if something like that happened at our house it could involve 5-6 vehicles if it got a little out of hand (we collect cars too). I don't think we would be calling the insurance company if it happened to be our own fault.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:28 PM

3,287 posts, read 9,183,864 times
Quote:
Then the fact those cars are EXPENSIVE to fix. YA-OUCH!
What's worse, is NOT a single one of those cars involved were less than 2 years old, LOL...

However, it is a danged good thing it wasn't his OTHER garage. That's where his collector cars are located and those are REALLY expensive. Think 6 to 7 figures. EASY. Before restoration. Liz

Old 06-22-2007, 07:41 AM

Update on search for vehicle....

DH says I really do need to think a bit smaller than a Yukon if possible, (it does not fit in his plans since he is wanting a bulldozer, sigh) but, if I can't find anything else I will go with it, I have been looking at Toyota Highlander simply because they will soon be my new neighbor but the Toyota 4-Runner caught my eye, can someone enlighten me on how they love/dislike theirs? How heavy are they compared to the Yukon? I seem to like a medium heavy suv for some reason, maybe the ride or handling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive