U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type vehicle do you own?/Can you help me decide on a vehicle?
Large SUV 18 20.22%
Small SUV 18 20.22%
4 door sedan 37 41.57%
Cross over 6 6.74%
Extend cab truck 11 12.36%
Luxury car 16 17.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 55,633,246 times

Advertisements

Southern lady - I have a '92 Buick Roadmaster Wagon! That is why I recommended it. Paid about $2500 for it 5 years ago and have about 175 k miles on the odometer. The most fun so far was passing a Porsche sports car on a back road. Ya' have to love a big V-8. I have had to spend some money for underbody repairs but the repair was less than a replacement car. A truly useful vehicle that is effectively invisible to the police and the thieves.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 11:18 AM

4,472 posts, read 16,403,038 times
Quote:
DH says I really do need to think a bit smaller than a Yukon if possible, (it does not fit in his plans since he is wanting a bulldozer, sigh) but, if I can't find anything else I will go with it, I have been looking at Toyota Highlander simply because they will soon be my new neighbor but the Toyota 4-Runner caught my eye, can someone enlighten me on how they love/dislike theirs? How heavy are they compared to the Yukon? I seem to like a medium heavy suv for some reason, maybe the ride or handling?
Toyota Highlander is built on a car frame which gives it a more car-like ride while the 4-Runner is built on a truck frame which means it can haul/ tow more. If you want a midsized SUV that feels heavier I'd look at:

Toyota 4 Runner
Toyota Sequoia (categorized at a large SUV but to me it feels midsized)
Ford Explorer
Hummer H3

Each of these will run you under $40,000 with options and each has that large SUV feel you're looking for.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:26 AM

2,775 posts, read 11,067,271 times
2006 BMW 5 Series. Not my car, it's my parents. It's a nice car, but I prefer SUV's. Our other car is a 2004 Tahoe.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:49 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,266,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Toyota Highlander is built on a car frame which gives it a more car-like ride while the 4-Runner is built on a truck frame which means it can haul/ tow more. If you want a midsized SUV that feels heavier I'd look at:

Toyota 4 Runner
Toyota Sequoia (categorized at a large SUV but to me it feels midsized)
Ford Explorer
Hummer H3

Each of these will run you under $40,000 with options and each has that large SUV feel you're looking for.
LOL I got out of him today what his problem was, we got a Ford Bronco one time, and both of us hated it, it was top heavy and not worth what we paid,, these were the first Bronco IIs to start coming out I believe, and he thinks suv's are in that same style of vehicle, bulky and top heavy. I told him that there was world's of difference in them, so he said we could check on some IF that is what I had my heart set on. I have to go out of town next week, but will after the 4th really start driving and comparing a bunch of these that have been suggested on here. You guys have been just great giving me the inside scoop from an owners perspective, I just do not trust salesmen.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:51 PM

13,635 posts, read 23,020,512 times
Aiangel, I can't believe you are still car shoppingTell you what I will do..My husband has been out of town for about three monthHe has an old yellow 1977 Chevy Impala in the driveway. It is yellow, hence "Ole Yeller" She has been restored except for the paint job..Here's the deal..Since you will be in Georgetown next week, how bout me just drivin "Ole Yeller" up there and giving her to youNice big trunk for the baseball equipment, back seat will probably hold three or four kids and front will hold three.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Aiangel, I can't believe you are still car shoppingTell you what I will do..My husband has been out of town for about three monthHe has an old yellow 1977 Chevy Impala in the driveway. It is yellow, hence "Ole Yeller" She has been restored except for the paint job..Here's the deal..Since you will be in Georgetown next week, how bout me just drivin "Ole Yeller" up there and giving her to youNice big trunk for the baseball equipment, back seat will probably hold three or four kids and front will hold three.
Ah blue, you are so sweet, but I shore do hate to do that, ahem, your dh just might be a tad bit upset with you if you do that.

I just got throuh running reports, am I cutting it close or what as I leave tomorrow. Sigh, I am one whipped puppy. I still have to run bills, so about 20 more minutes worth of work and I can say I am caught up. I had totally let it slip my mind that it was not only end of month, but END OF YEAR as well and I had to get things ready to give to the accountant since I will not be here next week. How duh can I be?????? I am so very tired, will sleep all the way to the coast tomorrow. Thank goodness I won't be driving.

Will continue to search for a vehicle after I get thru the 4th of July. I just wanted to get a heads up on what was out there and to find something I liked so I could take dh straight to it.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:23 AM

36 posts, read 118,329 times
Talking 2001 Monte Carlo SS HS Limited Edition

Here is my 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS "High-Sport" Limited Edition on display in our Alachua (near Gainesville), Florida hayfield. I ordered this car back in August 2000 and wanted to have Dale Earnhardt autograph it, but we know what happened the following February in Daytona.

http://amerisat.com/chevys/2001montecarloss.jpg (broken link)

It is totally stock, except for some decal changes. For some reason GM made these cars with "scripting" or side-badging in the same color as the body. In this case the "MonteCarlo SS" was all black except for the "SS". I changed the "MonteCarlo" to red on both side panel as well as the trunk lid left-side. The only other additions are a big number "3" tag on the front, and a "Dale Earnhardt" signature script on the trunk lid right-side.

Maybe that sounds a little vain, but my weakness has always been sporty or sharp-looking cars. This Chevy is a great driver/looker, and gets almost 30 MPG on the road! We do have two other vehicles, one being a "sensible" Nissan, and a Chevy Blazer.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:21 PM

If anyone remembers this thread, I decided to let you know I finally got a new vehicle, and can't believe what I got, but I am simply in love.

I got a 2007 cadalllic cts...vaummm

Old 08-05-2007, 11:41 PM

15,599 posts, read 37,087,146 times
You'll be out pimpin in your new Caddy! Is it nice?

Old 08-06-2007, 12:03 AM

Oh yeah.. Pearl white, grey leather interior, and the dang thing even talks to me! Go figure.

Very nice, and the best part is that it was a program car, belonging to upper management and I got it at a steal of a price LOL. And, my insurance went down from that of the mustang as well. And, now my dh will actually ride with me.

It purrs along and almost drives itself. I find myself making excuses just to go someplace now.

Of course, all my neighbors in this small town are talking their heads off, gossiping about how I am driving a caddy on MY salary. Must be robbing the dang water association blind if I can afford to drive that baby. That is the downer of the whole thing. People and their big mouths. Especially since I do work for the town water association, they automatically assume that I am making way too much money, or either stealing from them. At least if they are talking about me, they are leaving some other poor soul alone for a while and I have thick skin. I just get all dressed up, put my makeup on, even though it is so hot it melts almost as fast as I get it on, and drive on over to the local store around noon, when they are packed and strut into the store all smiles and they smile and say hello right back, funny thing is, I don't get out the door good till the knives start hitting my back. LOL, they don't realize I am enjoying this much more than they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive