U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type vehicle do you own?/Can you help me decide on a vehicle?
Large SUV 18 20.22%
Small SUV 18 20.22%
4 door sedan 37 41.57%
Cross over 6 6.74%
Extend cab truck 11 12.36%
Luxury car 16 17.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 02:41 PM

16 posts, read 116,969 times

Advertisements

For all those who think you are entitled to a large SUV, go ahead and spend your money. Life is about choices. If you absolutely must have all that room to store soccer balls, then I hope you enjoy all that time you spend in the car. As for me, I prefer to spend my money on the places the car gets me to, rather than the car itself. I don't think it's such a big deal if my son has to hold his tennis racket on his lap while I'm driving him to tennis lessons because I found better ways to spend my money.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 04:31 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,269,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsalmon View Post
For all those who think you are entitled to a large SUV, go ahead and spend your money. Life is about choices. If you absolutely must have all that room to store soccer balls, then I hope you enjoy all that time you spend in the car. As for me, I prefer to spend my money on the places the car gets me to, rather than the car itself. I don't think it's such a big deal if my son has to hold his tennis racket on his lap while I'm driving him to tennis lessons because I found better ways to spend my money.
If you can figure out how to get three to four young baseball players with all their bats and gear from point A to point B in a small vehicle, then by all means let me know.

I have been driving a stupid mustang for the past 4 years and have NO ROOM to haul my son, a couple of his team mates and his catching gear which is in a bag twice as big as the biggest suitcase I own!

And yes, I have to pick up the other children, we live in a more rural setting and these kids would not get to play ball otherwise, their parents work in nearby towns 15 to 20 miles away. Since I work from home, I pick them up on my way to the game.

My dh refuses to get in the car and if we go anywhere it is in his work truck, even out to eat together and there is no room in that truck for our two children, much less either set of our parents. When we go on vacation, we have to take TWO vehicles.

Entitled!! Entitled! It is our money, we work hard for it, and if we wanted to buy an elephant to go someplace in, whose right is it to say we can't?

As far as spending my money on the places my car can get me to - - -if I can't get there what is the use of spending money! ! !

I do not like having someone snub my choice of vehicle simply because they do not like driving something larger than a compact. I do not take too kindly to people who think they are better than anyone else. I did not invite these types of people on my thread, and am now inviting them to politely leave.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:58 PM

3,110 posts, read 8,695,199 times
aiangel_writer, as long as you can 1) afford the gas 2) afford the vehicle 3) afford the insurance 4) have a place to park the danged thing...YOU GET what you want and do NOT let anyone rain on your parade.

We will be downsizing ONE of ours but keeping MY Rendezvous. It is newer than my husband's, has half as many miles, gets better mileage, and is far more comfortable than his. Plus we need ONE vehicle that can handle 5 cat carriers along with two humans, especially in an emergency (we now live along the coast) and during hurricane evacuations, I refuse to leave our five feline furbabies behind.

In a previous post I gave you some we were considering as replacements. This afternoon I remembered two others. Not that they would suit you but others who are reading this thread might find them interesting. One is the Mini Cooper S and the other is the Smart Car (due out in 2008). My husband and I saw those at the North American International Auto Show a couple of years ago and thought they were ADORABLE!

Yes, the car was up ON the wall. LOL

Liz

Old 06-19-2007, 05:53 PM

thank you. I can't believe I got so angry and ask everyone to forgive me my outburst.

Thank you for your kind words and the picture of that car on the wall is soooo funny.

again everyone, I apologize for being so ugly.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:06 PM

4,682 posts, read 11,399,105 times
Hey there...

FWIW, still recommend, based on what I've read of your needs, the Honda Odyssey minivan - can seat up to 8 people, with a total cargo capacity of...
behind 3rd row: 38 cubic feet
behind 2nd row: 91 cu ft
behind 1st row: 147 cu ft
total capacity: 171 cu ft

Gets 20-28 mpg, has excellent refinement & engineering, cool handling, and great resell.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Hey there...

FWIW, still recommend, based on what I've read of your needs, the Honda Odyssey minivan - can seat up to 8 people, with a total cargo capacity of...
behind 3rd row: 38 cubic feet
behind 2nd row: 91 cu ft
behind 1st row: 147 cu ft
total capacity: 171 cu ft

Gets 20-28 mpg, has excellent refinement & engineering, cool handling, and great resell.
Thank you, I am planning on test driving one, as I promised dh I would drive a passel of vehicles before making up my mind.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:41 PM

4,472 posts, read 16,415,899 times
Quote:
FWIW, still recommend, based on what I've read of your needs, the Honda Odyssey minivan
But....but...it's a van.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:46 PM

3,110 posts, read 8,695,199 times
Quote:
But....but...it's a van
Yeah, Your point is????? Liz

Old 06-19-2007, 10:12 PM

4,682 posts, read 11,399,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
But....but...it's a van.

Yea, never thought I would be tooting the praises of such, but driving this vehicle, and in the manner that I drive my sports car,,, will tell ya that it does handle and scoot quite well - all that plus the space/room, low emissions, and the fairly quite good mpg.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:13 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,112,900 times
We drove a minivan on vacation and please don't tell anyone but I DID like it. Tons of room and I didn't have to pull my skirt up to my toosh to climb in the darn thing lol It was also a Honda Odyssey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive