Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 07:10 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Ahh... So you're a teenager that never grew up. Even better. Still got that Led Zeppelin shirt you wore in high school, don't you?
No simply not afraid to live life...with all the inherent dangers that could entail...unlike most Americans who are frightened by an incredibly long list of possibilities...

No wonder the people of this nation require so many meds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 07:13 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,662,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
How does what I said equate being handcuffed and treated like a criminal?
Stop crying for those kids.

A good friend of mine is a cop. It is STANDARD PROCEDURE to simply zip-tie their hands behind their back and (literally) sit them on the curb. And believe me, there is good reason for doing exactly that.

You have no idea what happened to them beyond that.

In addition, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. On one hand you're proposing that we allow the law to run its due course, but on the other hand you're yelling about the law running its due course.

So which is it?

Old 05-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Please provide what law was broken.
Also you cannot ask for ID or detain passengers of a vehicle,only the driver in a driving violation,surely you know the law you so proudly support?

Old 05-08-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
As you stated,this is a disaster area,lots of major problems.
Yet TWO LEO's take the time to stop and detain some kids doing nothing...

You might think they had more important issues to deal with but as we no longer have Peace Officers in this country but Law ENFORCEMENT Officers we have the mentality you see illustrated in the video.
Oh cry me a river!

What, exactly, did those LEOs do to the kids that was so horrible?

The stopped them, zip-tied their hands behind their backs (two of the three) and set them on the curb.

Oh Boo Hoo! Those boys really need to run off crying to mommy! "Those big bad LEOs made us stop being stupid!!! Waahhhh!!!!"

Did they tazer the kids? No.
Did they shoot at them? No.
Did they physically beat them? No.
Did they even arrest them? No - at least there's no evidence of that.

Did they STOP them? Yes.

It must be tough to be an incredibly stupid teenager - especially when you do incredibly stupid things in front of cops.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Please provide what law was broken.
Also you cannot ask for ID or detain passengers of a vehicle,only the driver in a driving violation,surely you know the law you so proudly support?
He didn't zip-tie the hands of the kid riding in the back of the SUV, did he? Hmmm... Didn't catch that one, huhh?

Old 05-08-2010, 07:19 PM

Well we do not yet live in a police state,there has to be either suspicion of a law broken.

Please provide the law that was broken,otherwise what you have there is an illegal detention.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:20 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,336,338 times
Quote:
Stop crying for those kids.

A good friend of mine is a cop. It is STANDARD PROCEDURE to simply zip-tie their hands behind their back and (literally) sit them on the curb. And believe me, there is good reason for doing exactly that.

You have no idea what happened to them beyond that.

In addition, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. On one hand you're proposing that we allow the law to run its due course, but on the other hand you're yelling about the law running its due course.

So which is it?
Who said I've been crying? I haven't shed a tear, and you are no one to tell me what to do.

If you really think it's appropriate for the police to treat a bunch of kids like hardened criminals, that's on you. Personally, I prefer common sense, and using god judgment, I find that our communities and societies in general turn out much more pleasant that way.

Do you understand that it's irrelevant what happened from there? the handcuffs is what I'm opposing, if they were actually arrested, that just adds to the idiocy of it, but there's more than enough in the video.

There is no law stating that everyone in contact with the police is to be handcuffed, there might be a guideline, that's not a law.

Charging someone who killed another person with murder IS the law, there is no conflict in those two statements.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Well we do not yet live in a police state,there has to be either suspicion of a law broken.

Please provide the law that was broken,otherwise what you have there is an illegal detention.
Hahaha!!! Talk about hyperbole!

Here's your law: TRESPASSING.

Deal with it.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Hahaha!!! Talk about hyperbole!

Here's your law: TRESPASSING.

Deal with it.
Again you appear to be making up facts not in evidence...

Old 05-08-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Who said I've been crying? I haven't shed a tear, and you are no one to tell me what to do.

If you really think it's appropriate for the police to treat a bunch of kids like hardened criminals, that's on you.
Hardened criminals? Are you KIDDING me? Did you watch the same video I watched?

The LEOs WALKED over to the SUV, asked each of the two kids to put their hands behind their backs, zip-tied them, and sat them down on the curb.

That's treating them like hardened criminals? Maybe in Europe. Not in the United States!

Personally, I prefer common sense, and using god judgment, I find that our communities and societies in general turn out much more pleasant that way.
The LEOs DID use common sense and good judgment - which is the complete opposite of what the kids were using.

The stopped them. That is all.

Do you understand that it's irrelevant what happened from there? the handcuffs is what I'm opposing, if they were actually arrested, that just adds to the idiocy of it, but there's more than enough in the video.
You don't know what hand-cuffs are, do you? The LEOs did NOT hand-cuff the kids.

There is no law stating that everyone in contact with the police is to be handcuffed, there might be a guideline, that's not a law.
Once again, the kids were NOT hand-cuffed.

Charging someone who killed another person with murder IS the law, there is no conflict in those two statements.
Again, you're doing double-speak. You want the law to handle some situations, and you want them to ignore others. Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive