Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 07:25 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Again you appear to be making up facts not in evidence...
Watch the video. The kids were on private property.

You asked for what law was broken. There you have it. Trespassing. It doesn't matter how trifling you think that may be. That's what they did that was illegal.

Wow. I'd think you'd be getting shamed out of this debate right about now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 07:30 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Actually if you researched further,you would discover that was not the case.
The driver and Wakeboarder were charged with clinging to a vehicle and reckless driving,both citations.

Neither were arrested however both were detained for some reason...certainly not the catch all ''to protect the safety of the Officer''...

Old 05-08-2010, 07:32 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Again, you're doing double-speak. You want the law to handle some situations, and you want them to ignore others. Interesting.
You're a broken record at this point.

Handcuffs or zip-tied, their hands were restrained, I would most certainly feel like I was treated like a criminal if I had my hands restrained.

And from what I saw, it looked more like the cop grapped him and restrained his arms, not so much asked.

Again, that might be police guideline/protocol, which is entirely different from law.

And since when did you have to either agree to all laws or no laws? Does that mean I have to agree that it's completely natural to ticket or detain someone for jaywalking across an empty street with good visibility?

Old 05-08-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Actually if you researched further,you would discover that was not the case.
The driver and Wakeboarder were charged with clinging to a vehicle and reckless driving,both citations.

Neither were arrested however both were detained for some reason...certainly not the catch all ''to protect the safety of the Officer''...
They were ALSO trespassing. So make that 3 laws they broke. Doesn't matter how trifling.

And that doesn't even take into consideration the FACT that if these LEOs had watched the kids doing that, done nothing about it, then one of the kids had fallen and split his fool skull open, the LEOs would be sued and lose their jobs. Maybe even be thrown in jail.

You should probably think twice before you loudly and proudly defend stupidity.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
You're a broken record at this point.

Handcuffs or zip-tied, their hands were restrained, I would most certainly feel like I was treated like a criminal if I had my hands restrained.

And from what I saw, it looked more like the cop grapped him and restrained his arms, not so much asked.

Again, that might be police guideline/protocol, which is entirely different from law.

And since when did you have to either agree to all laws or no laws? Does that mean I have to agree that it's completely natural to ticket or detain someone for jaywalking across an empty street with good visibility?
And you too are a broken record.

Further, it doesn't matter what you would "feel like."

There was nothing done wrong to those stupid kids. They were screwing around. They broke (as we now know) at least 3 laws. They were stopped. BooHoo.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:38 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Again where do you get that they were trespassing?
Trespassing requires there to be signs of a certain size and for those signs to be posted at regular intervals and to be easily seen...at least it does here.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Again where do you get that they were trespassing?
Trespassing requires there to be signs of a certain size and for those signs to be posted at regular intervals and to be easily seen...at least it does here.
Wrong.

If you are on private property when you are not invited, and should not be there, you are trespassing.

You can not walk up onto my lawn, pitch a tent and stay there the night - unless I allow you too. It doesn't matter that I don't have No Trespassing signs on my lawn. If I want to, I can call the cops and have them come remove you.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
And you too are a broken record.

Further, it doesn't matter what you would "feel like."

There was nothing done wrong to those stupid kids. They were screwing around. They broke (as we now know) at least 3 laws. They were stopped. BooHoo.
I have to be a broken record because you seem completely inept of actually understanding what I say.

So are you saying you would be Ok with being restrained if you were stopped for a traffic violation of frankly any other non violent crime such as this?

What do you propose was the reason for the restraints?

And again with your crying, are you sad that someone doesn't like the MO of your "protectors"?

Old 05-08-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I have to be a broken record because you seem completely inept of actually understanding what I say.

So are you saying you would be Ok with being restrained if you were stopped for a traffic violation of frankly any other non violent crime such as this?

What do you propose was the reason for the restraints?

And again with your crying, are you sad that someone doesn't like the MO of your "protectors"?
I understand perfectly what you're saying.

You think that their being restrained was completely out of line and over the top. And by the looks of the kids, I don't necessarily disagree.

The problem is that you do not know why cops ALMOST ALWAYS zip-tie somebody and SIT THEM ON THE CURB. If you understood that, you'd know that this was not in any way out of line.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I understand perfectly what you're saying.

You think that their being restrained was completely out of line and over the top. And by the looks of the kids, I don't necessarily disagree.

The problem is that you do not know why cops ALMOST ALWAYS zip-tie somebody and SIT THEM ON THE CURB. If you understood that, you'd know that this was not in any way out of line.
Maybe if they didn't restrain people unnecessarily like this, they wouldn't need to, or are Americans fundamentally more violent towards police officers than other places?

You know what I saw when I watched that video?

I saw a bunch of kids, who managed to take a ****ty situation and give it a positive spin, creating some fun and laughs for themselves and others, where there's been too much of the opposite.

All those cops would've had to do, if the kids were out of line, is walk up to the car and tell them to pack it up. It's that easy, and guess what, people there, and people watching that video wouldn't have been left with a bad impression of the Police, which in most cases do a great job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive