Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 06:35 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,168,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Overall I would say yes, I agree that RWD is the most optimal setting for handling, no questions asked. However, there are plenty of RWD and AWD cars whose handling traits are absolutely atrocious. Would I choose an Integra Type-R for track day over a Mustang Cobra? Absolutely. However, I would choose a Miata over a Golf GTi. Depends on the car.

My car's handling traits are wicked (Focus SVT). Its utterly predictable, doesnt understeer much at all, even when really pushed, and has the most luscious lift-throttle oversteer Ive ever encountered in a FWD car. The steering is light and fast, the chassis is wonderful.
Focus SVT is a great car. A good friend of mine drives one and it's a very fun car to go out in. He drove it pretty fast around a curvy riverside road around here and it handled extremely well and I never once felt uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 07:30 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
Focus SVT is a great car. A good friend of mine drives one and it's a very fun car to go out in. He drove it pretty fast around a curvy riverside road around here and it handled extremely well and I never once felt uncomfortable.
Ask to drive it sometime. A buddy of mine has a 1st gen Miata all done up with Tein coilovers, intake, exhaust, cam gears, roll cage, Bride seats, cams, etc, and I still beat him with my stock SVT in a straight line drag. When he drove the SVT, he was absolutely astounded at how well it handled. Thats a compliment coming from Miata drivers, theyre one of the best handling cars Ive ever driven.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:48 AM

1,000 posts, read 2,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
LOL, nice reponse.

However, I was impressed with the light weight when I looked up the specs on that car. Only 1800 lbs for the '85 CRX makes my Lotus Elise look heavy at 1950. But even with it's light weight, it's not going to move much with the 58hp
Well that's nice, but we're talking about handling and not drag strip bravado/mullets flapping in the wind. And that's just one version that was geared towards obtaining 50-60mpg efficiency ratings, the most powerful engine offered in these ballpark'd 150HP. Chuck a 150HP engine in a sub 2,000lb car and you literally have an adult go-kart. Trust me, a tuned CRX is as much fun as anybody could hope for with a FWD car. There's a reason why these are next to impossible to find.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:58 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
Well that's nice, but we're talking about handling and not drag strip bravado/mullets flapping in the wind. And that's just one version that was geared towards obtaining 50-60mpg efficiency ratings, the most powerful engine offered in these ballpark'd 150HP. Chuck a 150HP engine in a sub 2,000lb car and you literally have an adult go-kart. Trust me, a tuned CRX is as much fun as anybody could hope for with a FWD car. There's a reason why these are next to impossible to find.
The 89-90 CRX Si has the same rear suspension a 97-2001 Type-R has. I was told this by a Koni rep one time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive