Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 04:07 PM

660 posts, read 1,652,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
its called defensive driving. since motorcyclists are already endangering their lives by leaving themselves exposed, they should take extra caution, my statistics show that the majority don't even wear helmets, so why should i ensure their safety if they don't.
Bikers ARE exposed regardless of if they have a helmet on or not.

You are obviously a MENACE. Why should you ensure their safety? Well, why the hell would you CONTRIBUTE to injuring ANYONE let alone a biker?

BTW...I use CLUELESS because it FITS you!!!!

Quote:
funny thing is motorcyclists think they can get away with anything.
No...it seems like YOU think you can get away with anything! That would include not only throwing objects at other motorists, but then bragging about it here and expecting anyone in their right mind to applaud you for it.

Besides...that is the broadest generalization ever. You have ONE incident with ONE biker (who being related to you may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer) and you take that to the extreme generalization that ALL motorcyclists think they can do anything they want.

That would be the same as me saying every woman that drives is a menace too just because I read your story of idiocy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 07:07 AM

968 posts, read 2,623,210 times
i don't appreciate being called a liar. i work very hard to ensure my sources are good, and that i tell a recollection as accurately as possible.

now that this thread has come to dissembling the real problem and ridiculing my past mistakes, i'll let this thread die. i'll participate in other threads as i have been, but the trolls win in this one.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:16 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,866,412 times
Got a feeling you'll be back...

Old 05-26-2010, 07:16 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
ii'll let this thread die.
Promise?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
I came back into this mess on around page 6, with the RAV 4. The driver was probably lost.

Orin, if you ride a motorcycle like you drive, you won't live long. One a bike there is no room in your head for anger. 0 room for that. If you get on a bike and then get angery there are 2 things you can do. The best one is pull over and get off the bike untill you forget the anger 100%. The other is stay pissed off and die.

All riders are just targets for you cagers. We know it and ride accordingly, but we don't often get angery.

Even in what ever cage it is you drive, if you retailiate with the wrong guy, you are likey to be found stopping bullets.

I am 58 years old, if it matters and still I make mistakes driving. Sometimes i don't see things just right, other times I am lost. No one I know has a perfect record, and your family of good drivers are not probably nearly so good as they think they are. I know your driving skills just suck. You can't be driving and be angery at the same time. It just doesn't work that way.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:57 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,866,412 times
To the OP and everyone else. Here's a story about an incident between a motorcyclist and a car that happened a few years back not too far from here. As you can read, there were no winners in this event.

Road Rage Incident Results in Shooting and Subsequent Prison Sentence - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Old 05-26-2010, 08:15 AM

Many years ago I allowed myself to be enraged in a road rage incident. I was sitting at a red light, when a car with 3 people pulled in behind me and blasted the goddammned horn. Something that still sets me off bad.

The light was RED so I turned around and gave the fool the ROYAL BIRD, not thinking.

My GF at the time was asleep on the back seat, and at study for finals in Boston U.

The light went green and I went, and at the next light there was the same car, and the driver laid down that horn again. I was smokin hot by that point and blew the red since no traffic was there at all besides him and me. I had stopped.

Well that fool followed me to her place. Some how she didn't wake up before that, and I was driving fast, since now this car was glued to me butt.

At the time I was a few years foreign car tect too, and in my shirt pocket was a 6 inch machinist rule, one end rounded and the other end square.

When I got to her place, she was just waking up, and not alert. I got right out to protect her, and so did that other driver. he latched onto my hair and punched me in the face hard. He was 3 times my size, maybe 4. Well out came that ruler, and I slit this SOB's throat, and down he went.

My GF gets out and says why did you do that to my Uncle? I didn't have time since the SOB's wife, and son were upon me, and I told the kid you will get the same thing if you touch me, and your father needs the ER right now.

I didn't know any of them, and her uncle was just looking for trouble. He got it too. I left the SOB on the ground and went inside with my gf and expalined. She told me her uncle was always that way. I didn't worry about it, but then I never again allowed myself that freedom.

These days unless a hot head stops with me I just let them go.. pretty much everyone goes..

Old 05-26-2010, 08:55 AM

791 posts, read 1,425,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I came back into this mess on around page 6, with the RAV 4. The driver was probably lost.

Orin, if you ride a motorcycle like you drive, you won't live long. One a bike there is no room in your head for anger. 0 room for that. If you get on a bike and then get angery there are 2 things you can do. The best one is pull over and get off the bike untill you forget the anger 100%. The other is stay pissed off and die.

All riders are just targets for you cagers. We know it and ride accordingly, but we don't often get angery.

Even in what ever cage it is you drive, if you retailiate with the wrong guy, you are likey to be found stopping bullets.

I am 58 years old, if it matters and still I make mistakes driving. Sometimes i don't see things just right, other times I am lost. No one I know has a perfect record, and your family of good drivers are not probably nearly so good as they think they are. I know your driving skills just suck. You can't be driving and be angery at the same time. It just doesn't work that way.
great post

Old 05-26-2010, 01:02 PM

136 posts, read 423,959 times
Throwing a bowl of chili or anything else at someone on a 2 wheeled vehical is an assualt in itself,not to mention You could have cause a accident or even DEATH.
I think You should calm down and consider that You alone are responsable for your actions.It does not matter what anyone else does as no one can force you to do something , only you make yourself do things.It is time for you to not blame others for what they do as they are responable for that,but how you re-act is 100 pecent on You!

Old 05-26-2010, 05:38 PM

Orin, Like i said more or less, to drive ya gotta get a grip on anger. These days after a shooting in self defence, and 2 family lost at another time and place to murders, I carry not 1 but 2 guns when ever O leave the place I live. I carry 1 right here. If I lost my alleged mind to road rage I would have had my 15 minutes of fame several times over.

You like many are actting the part of a bloomin fool. Stop that non-sence before you do in fact Kill somebody. Just for one it won't be worth it. Then 2!~ you are right out of controll when you are angery. I always was.

Life these days is just about worthless as is money. Just because you pulled a bone head stunt, doesn't mean you can't change either.

If you do this, only you can do it, and no one else can do it for you.

I did a lot of dope in my day too, and a day came where it just was no good. I changed, I had been a fool. I have no regretts either, not for the dope and not for the change, but the changed created another life. I never got busted for that, so it doesn't follow me around. Just sayin' something in life can change and if you get a grip before it gets too bad you won't pay a price in life for life.

That is a total waste.

Let these others say what they will. take a lesson from it. I certainly don't agree with what you did, and won't, bit if yer hearin this old yankee, you will consider a change of heart right now.

Each day brings it new challange, each day other people set me right off, but I can go home and rest easy. Yesterday driving a 1 ton dump loaded, and a trailer loaded, I lost the center line on the rear brakes! That ride sucked! Fools cut me off, and it was all I could do to not kill them. I live in mountians too, and getting cut off going too slow, added risks. If I added anger to my stress somebody would be dead.

I just hope you hearing this message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive