Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 06:07 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,246,413 times

Advertisements

While on vacation in Palm Beach several years ago, we had a conversation with a woman who was from Long Island. She told us her son was one of the individuals who saw the plane go down and he was convinced it was shot out of the sky. According to this woman, her son called the authorities several times but was never formally interviewed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 06:11 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Why do you think the FBI and CIA were all over this? The navy denied exercises in the beginning, then said oops, yeah we were there. Over 100 eyewitnesses saw an object go to the air from sea, no way over 100 witnesses could be wrong. The FBI made sure the over 100 eyewitnesses were never brought in to any investigation.

One thing I though Ironic, a few days later, talks with Libya started up after that mess with Qaddafi so many years earlier, and no one seemed to put the two together. Do you remember the Libyan commercial airplane we blew out of the sky? The navy thought it was a military aircraft?

So, our Navy is almost directly underneath a U.S. commercial plane that blows up, the Feds get all over it concoct all kinds of videos and briefs to the public instantly to gain control of the situation....And poomf a few days later, were talking to Libya after years?????Coincidence????
Almost underneath? It was 50 nm away.... The antiaircraft missile on that ship was the NATO Sea sparrow. IF the plane was flying directly at the Navy ship it would have been at max range.
I believe that was an Iranian airliner that was shot down.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:15 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
interesting that this topic should pop up now. I just picked up a book this week called Stiff (wonderfully morbid book about cadavers) and one of the chapters was devoted to "human wreckage" in particular TWA 800. according to this book, they used autopsy reports to deduce how the plane could have gone down. for example, had there been a bomb on the plane, the people sitting behind the blast would have had shrapnel in the front of their bodies and those sitting in front of the blast would have had shrapnel in the back of their bodies. according to the book, it appeared most of the people had died upon impact w/ the water, as opposed from an explosion. the book backs up the idea that a tank on the wing exploded

now, I know this doesn't mean it's 100% true, I know the author could have been spoon-fed a bunch of lies to keep the cover up intact, but it did raise some interesting points (if the facts presented were indeed facts) regarding the state of the bodies.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:36 PM

Well I can say without any doubt in my mind that:
1. It wasn't done by a guy in a fishing boat shooting a stinger or that type of weapon.
2. It wasn't a US Naval ship because for 1 none were within range and 2 impossible to keep every sailor quiet about it. Sailors are not robots some would just have to tell.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:54 PM

90 posts, read 209,621 times
TWA 800 - What do you think?

Faulty wiring.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
While on vacation in Palm Beach several years ago, we had a conversation with a woman who was from Long Island. She told us her son was one of the individuals who saw the plane go down and he was convinced it was shot out of the sky. According to this woman, her son called the authorities several times but was never formally interviewed.
While on vacation I had a conversation with a man who claimed he was abducted by aliens and forced to copulate with a bigfoot. According to the man who was from New Jersey he reported the abduction to the FBI and he never formally interviewed.
No I made the whole thing up. Why? Because talk is cheap. Example we had an accident at work where a man was caught in a machine. I was on the extraction team. Some time later I was in a diner and overheard some guy talking about the incident. That man wasn't there and no he did not lead the effort. He heard the story and retold it as though he was the boss on the job. Perhaps the Feds heard what she or her son had to say and determined just that. That they were either mistaken or making it up. Or maybe she made up the whole story to be apart of the conspiracy club?

Old 07-10-2008, 08:06 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,056,574 times
tinman01 - I almost didn't believe your tale, but, since you said the guy was from New Jersey, well, it must be true!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:16 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,246,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
While on vacation I had a conversation with a man who claimed he was abducted by aliens and forced to copulate with a bigfoot. According to the man who was from New Jersey he reported the abduction to the FBI and he never formally interviewed.
No I made the whole thing up. Why? Because talk is cheap. Example we had an accident at work where a man was caught in a machine. I was on the extraction team. Some time later I was in a diner and overheard some guy talking about the incident. That man wasn't there and no he did not lead the effort. He heard the story and retold it as though he was the boss on the job. Perhaps the Feds heard what she or her son had to say and determined just that. That they were either mistaken or making it up. Or maybe she made up the whole story to be apart of the conspiracy club?
I have no idea whether her story was true or not. She relayed her story to us and the story has not crossed my mind until I read the post today.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:54 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post
I think if it were a "friendly fire" incident then there would be several hundred if not thousand people who knew about it in the military. Don't you think ONE of them would have stepped forward by now?
Only someone not familiar with the military would make such a fantastical claim then leap to a totally illogical conclusion.

Contrary to the erroneous assertions of the OP, TWA 800 was not on the border of military airspace, it was in the middle of a US Navy training area.

The navy was testing a series Block III RIM-66 against a drone at the exact time that TWA 800 was traversing the training area. It's been theorized that the missile locked onto TWA 800 due to its larger ESM, larger size, and greater heat signature (the homing system is dual IR/ESM).

An air national guard pilot (and Vietnam veteran) was in-flight and one of more than 100 witnesses that either saw a missile strike TWA 800 or detonate in the proximity of TWA 800.

Meyers, a major in the ANG, was along with several other ANG pilots flying in the vicinity, ordered not to discuss the incident.

As far as the ship that launched the missile, only the weapons control officer, the fire direction control officer, the radar officer and one or two radar operators, the ship's captain and executive officer, and a few others would have knowledge, and they of course would have been ordered not to discuss it. Some of the radar crews on other ships might have also witnessed it, but not all ships would have been able to track the missile due to its small radar cross section, speed and distance.

The navy never volunteered the fact that it was conducting missile tests at the time of the incident. When initially asked if they were, they denied it, then admitted later they were testing missiles.

To believe the FBI's version that the center fuel tank was responsible, you must believe that the crew turned the center fuel tank on. There's no evidence that the Black Box data shows they did. You'd also have to believe that the crew had a reason to turn the fuel pump on. Since they had just taken off, there'd be no reason to turn the fuel pump on, since the only reason to do so would be to pump fuel into the wing tanks.

The 747 uses "Jet A" fuel which is not as volatile as other jet fuels. Still, for the FBI's theory to hold, the mixture of Jet A vapor and air in the center fuel tank must be in the right proportion, and FBI has so far been unable to prove that it was, or how it came to be that way. The FBI has also failed to show how the weak electrical current used to power the vacuum pump detonated the air/fuel mixture.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:00 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmos View Post
TWA 800 - What do you think?

Faulty wiring.
As an airline pilot, I agree with this, the official finding. Conspiracy theories be gone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation