Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 11:46 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times

Advertisements

So as I sat down yesterday afternoon to enjoy my Giant/Packers game I was greeted with what took place at the link below, it seems these types of fly overs take place over every major pro/college football game.

And the people cheered as this 281 million dollar weapon of mass destruction did a fly over.

I think the second comment underneath the video is quite prophetic

"Feels like the world is gonna end when it flys by"

I feel like writing a letter

Dear Mr.Leon E. Panetta please do not....

Packers vs Giants - National Anthem and B-1 Bomber Military Fly By at Lambeau Field - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 11:55 AM

712 posts, read 1,366,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
So as I sat down yesterday afternoon to enjoy my Giant/Packers game I was greeted with what took place at the link below, it seems these types of fly overs take place over every major pro/college football game.

And the people cheered as this 281 million dollar weapon of mass destruction did a fly over.

Packers vs Giants - National Anthem and B-1 Bomber Military Fly By at Lambeau Field - YouTube
This is because most americans love war and they worship the military. Oh, and they also love being told what to do. They need it otherwise they would be texting and driving all the time on their way to the air show.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:57 AM

629 posts, read 771,820 times
Build more, create jobs

Military Industrial Complex is

US

Old 01-16-2012, 12:04 PM

712 posts, read 1,366,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Build more, create jobs

Military Industrial Complex is

US
you forgot "Iron Triangle"

Old 01-16-2012, 12:08 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
WMD..... the US got WMD's but they don't want anyone else to have um.... now whose the terrorist

Old 01-16-2012, 12:16 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:

I love military stuff. I go to the Air Force Museum near Springfield, Ohio every few years. Sometimes I'll hear an unusually loud aircraft overhead and I'll stop to watch a giant refueler fly by. I have nothing but respect for those in uniform. However, I don't like military stuff being thrown in front of me without invitation. I also do not like weaponry displayed on U.S. currency or on government buildings. This is not to say that there should not be statues that honor our men in uniform. I'm am speaking strictly of weaponry, like the B-1 bomber.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
This is because most americans love war and they worship the military. Oh, and they also love being told what to do. They need it otherwise they would be texting and driving all the time on their way to the air show.
Don't forget it also makes soldiers feel better about their service, and any collateral damage they may have caused.
You see I am senitive to the feelings of soldiers and use the term collateral damage in place of killing innocent men, women and children, I always try to be politically correct.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:36 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Yes, they have been happening for decades. The Air Force base near Little Rock is home to the C130 transport planes and I have seen them fly over the stadium many times. I've also seen the F-15's of the Air National Guard based in Ft. Smith fly over as well. I enjoy every one of them as the National Anthem is played.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:39 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
That B1 bomber is up there helping to protect the freedom that you enjoy living in this country.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:43 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
LOL. Now it's whining about a plane flying over before a football game. What next whine about the military channel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation