U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 10:30 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,519,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Malaysia is a predominately Muslim country. I'd be more surprised if one of the pilots weren't Muslim.
Me too. I am unclear on the response because I asked about why someone wanting to commit suicide would take a plane full of passengers and crew down with them. I guess I'm not seeing the connection.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 10:32 PM

6,502 posts, read 6,638,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Well, lets fly you over to Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afgan, or a few other places, drop you off with a big sign on your back that says,....."I'm a happy American" and then you can report back to us, WHY it might be relevant.

We get it, not all Muslims are terrorists, but in the world we reside in today, it seems to be a very common denominator.
Some outside of the United States think all Americans are fat a-holes, but we know that to not be true.

The stereotyping of religions has no place in this thread. At this point, a crew members Muslim faith is as likely to be the cause of this incident as extraterrestrial beings zapping the aircraft into the fourth dimension.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:35 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,544,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Some outside of the United States think all Americans are fat a-holes, but we know that to not be true.

The stereotyping of religions has no place in this thread. At this point, a crew members Muslim faith is as likely to be the cause of this incident as extraterrestrial beings zapping the aircraft into the fourth dimension.
So as not to spin this thread a different direction, I'll make this my last comment about this, but I respectfully disagree.

When conducting an investigation we always go first with highest likely scenario.

What do we know so far? 95% chance or greater that the pilot had something, or everything to do with this.

Most terrorists acts in the world today and perpetrated by Muslims. Not all Muslims, but Muslims nonetheless.

And we know the pilot was Muslim.

Nuff said.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:50 PM

6,502 posts, read 6,638,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
So as not to spin this thread a different direction, I'll make this my last comment about this, but I respectfully disagree.

When conducting an investigation we always go first with highest likely scenario.

What do we know so far? 95% chance or greater that the pilot had something, or everything to do with this.

Most terrorists acts in the world today and perpetrated by Muslims. Not all Muslims, but Muslims nonetheless.

And we know the pilot was Muslim.

Nuff said.
If it is your last comment, it will be mine as well. This thread should be on the situation at hand.

You do follow leads on scenarios with precedent or likelihood, I agree. I don't agree that there is a 95% or greater chance that the pilot had something to do with this. Until the CVR and FDR are recovered (if recovered), we can't make a definitive conclusion, or any conclusion at all. Hell, we don't know this is a terrorist act.

Don't take my skepticism for me being an apologist. I weigh all possible scenarios equally.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:51 PM

29,097 posts, read 23,462,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
We found the titanic.
We found the Titanic because pains were made by the crew on that night/morning nearly 102 years ago to tell the world their last known position.

It took 70+ years to find Titanic because until then the technology, capital, and will to go so deep did not exist.

MH370 is entirely different.

Someone aboard that aircraft deliberately caused it to disappear.

If the plane is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, it may never be found because we have no clue where it may have hit the water - or if it even did.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:54 PM

3,482 posts, read 3,228,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
There are no air defense gaps, it is just that what country would divulge the capabilities of their air defenses because an airliner went missing. As tragic as it is, more tragic would be the penetration of air defenses because the capabilities were made known to the world.

The NSA bugged computers sold overseas, being able to gather information from them even when turned off.
The entire traffic content of mobile phone calls can be collected and stored.
If one jaywalks in almost any large city, it is captured on some video.
Almost every car made within the last decade has a black box that collects the last 30 seconds of data about the operational parameters of the car.

We are to believe that Boeing is allowed to sell such aircraft to other countries and not have some sort of location notification device installed, independent of whatever someone flying the plane can turn off? This isn't some million dollar device mind you, these things are COTS (commercial off the shelf) items.

The whereabouts of the plane are known, divulging that information would be seen as harmful to the intelligence and defense systems of countries like the US, China and so on.

Because, if a plane being flown without stealth technology and so on can evade tracking then why bother with making multi-billion dollar stealth bombers and fighters? Why not just get a bunch of commercial aircraft, turn off their transponders and other location signaling devices and be done with it?

I mean, for the price of a single stealth bomber, you could have an entire fleet of commercial aircraft that could fly just about anywhere without anyone knowing.

This is why I say we (as in country) and many others know where the plane was before it either landed or crashed.

No country will give up military secrets for a couple hundred people.
Excellent points. Now what if one (or a few) of the 20 Free Scale Semiconductor employees on that plane as passengers had developed a new application that 'someone' was interested in testing on a commercial plane to see if it worked?

The plane does have remote flying capabilities. See 2nd bullet from bottom.
Boeing: Boeing 777 Facts
The company has a line of business that specializes in Electronic Counter Measures: Radar interference / target modification and it is a defense contractor. It is the same tech that Israelis used to shutdown Syria's communication network:
How Israel Spoofed Syria's Air Defense System | Danger Room | Wired.com
Sort of like playing 'marionette' with your 'enemies' electronic systems.

Or like what the USA did in Operation Desert Storm in taking out the 'neural network' of the enemy. Recall USA military bragging on their precision of disruption to all enemy communications.

So more conjecture for fun: either the pilot or co pilot is complicit (suicidal and plane is below sea level) or this plane was remotely 'accessed' and something highly irregular caused the pilots to shut off transponder?
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: Focus shifts to flight crew - CBS News
Or make alterations under the guise of equipment malfunction to a degree which made them turn around as if flying back or simply flown to limits of capabilities perhaps rendering everyone unconscious?

I find it strange that the dominant mass media, which thrives on conjuring up all kinds of alternative attention getting stories / theories to sell papers, internet clicks and views etc... has not reported on the nature of what the company with twenty employees aboard specializes in, yet the reporter from Human Rights Examiner reported it on March 9th?

Ironic because usually the nature of mass media is to run with any other bit of information that is potential controversy? But they haven't - curious (IMO) since the mass media are either being extremely 'cooperative' or don't find this fact worthy to share widely in a world where a Boeing 777 disappearing for week has received all manner of conflicting reports all of which seem to center around the communications / reporting and control systems for the plane?

For instance CNN s most recent article on 'top ten' questions about the flight doesn't mention this? Nor does this one with top thirty questions Malaysia Flight 370: Amid a sea of questions, 30 of the most compelling | FOX13Now.com
IDK but it sure seems a point that would be of interest- no?

Also since the various countries military type reports of this planes 'actions' have seemed to be all over the map (literally) - Is it 'disinformation' to keep anyone from looking where they need to look? And why? Was there some special cargo (physical or human) that was deemed more important than 230 plus others?

Was some country's military airspace breeched and with 'no response', action was taken to remove a threat in darkness of night? and now no one wants to admit it? is this a test for a false flag op? What would be more inflammatory than arbitrarily taking control of a rival country's commercial aircraft and using it against someone just to provoke another war? False Flags operations are the fire-starters of war.

My initial theory of potential real life 'demo' like any 'industry sale' and selling of the new 'ECM' app to the highest bidder to be as viable of a theory because we all know the speculation around this story is good copy for whatever news source AND a fabulous selling point. (Click$ baby click$)

I'm thinking the wunderkinds at SIGINT (signal Intelligence) at NSA can have an algorithm written to scan all airstrips capable of landing a Boeing 777 within the radius of flight parameters as the best and brightest are working for us.

Remember, the best place to hide the truth (if it is known by some and deemed 'need to know') is cloaked in multiple theories. So the continuing 'Malay melee' makes sense

All speculation on my part of course. I hope this whole incident turns out as best as possibly can under the circumstances.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
He is/was a Muslim.
So?

Old 03-16-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I think we all know what happened - the pilot committed a very bizarre suicide. He killed the copilot, evaded radar, steered out over the Indian Ocean, put it on autopilot towards the most remote, deepest part, and probably killed himself. Plane ran on until it ran out of gas and augered in to the ocean. He did not want the plane found. The black box won't tell anything since it only records the last 2 hours. Pilot is dead, plane is on autopilot for the last few hours. There is nothing worth recovering. You cannot pull up bodies from 12,000 feet. Black box is useless. The guy thought this out very thoroughly. Very sick person.

The only question is why did he do it, and how did he get a weapon into the cockpit? I assume he did it because his wife had just left him two days before. Only other question is the weapon.
His weapon(if it was the pilot in question) could have been his fists.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:02 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,544,220 times
A new report just out that they now know the airline flew as low as 1500 ft at two different points to avoid detection. Anyone still think this wasn't a deliberate act?

Old 03-16-2014, 11:03 PM

659 posts, read 1,041,960 times
I keep screaming

CARGO
Watch the Stock Market
and the MILITARY already knows what's up!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation