Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 08:09 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times

Advertisements

Some people need to look at Diego Garcia's location on Google Earth. It is about 1700 miles SSW of the southern tip of India. Even if there were an AWACS on the island I don't think it could get high enough and have enough range. If it could and did, they wouldn't want the world to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 08:16 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,239,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
This is the 21st century for goodness sake, we have all kinds of airforce trackers that can pick up planes in their zone so how has this happened..
I agree!

Old 03-17-2014, 08:23 AM

12 posts, read 12,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Sad, sad news. It is time to fear the worst, I believe.

As an aside: the CNN coverage I have been watching has been near abysmal, save for one guy who knows what he is talking about. For a long time they were referring to the aircraft as a seven-seven and had Boeing spelled as 'Bowing.' And it would have been helpful if they had mentioned how long the aircraft has been missing for, not just stated how much fuel it has/had while neglecting the important bit - time.
I think it is indeed hard to guess the right time, they're looking for the handshake and have 6 different possibilities, and need to gather up information before could be decided, but yet they have to estimated the exact time. and if the time were mentioned also, we didn't know where the aircraft would turn and thats the problem because now it was reported not crashed but hijacked or sabotaged.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
That is on American carriers. I don't know if it is true for foreign airlines.

Here is another case of a plane that disappeared over 60 years that was never found:
Historian: Plane mystery MUST be solved - CNN.com Video
and yeah it was actually more planes were not found till now at the past.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
This is the 21st century for goodness sake, we have all kinds of airforce trackers that can pick up planes in their zone so how has this happened..
maybe that means we're not reach that high level of technology yet and someone must've been genius at the back scene

Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
International norms. I have seen this practice in many Asian Airlines too.
yeah. Indonesia had once also.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:37 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times
Is there any possibility of Electronic Fog?

PILOT FLIES INTO TIME WARP, BRUCE GERNON'S AMAZING BERMUDA TRIANGLE STORY - YouTube

Old 03-17-2014, 09:01 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
I seemed to have posted this on the wrong thread.
Would like to hear opinions because I can't get my thoughts past this.

Quote:
After turning off the signals, the pilot said goodnight and the plane turned around to head in another direction. Why are people still talking about a crash? Or pilot suicide?

The choice of north or south sounds like a no brainer too. If it was planned to turn around, they must have had another plan to land and hide it, not to crash it in the Indian Ocean.
With all the choices up north and with the knowledge to fly under radar, it seems this is something that could have been in the makings for years and we will one day see the other shoe drop.
Some say they would have to have a hangar but if they have been working on this plan for years, why couldn't they have built cover ahead of time. We are talking about an area where the 9/11 plan was hatched.
Just seems the people there lay back and take their time to work on their revenge.

If the plane had crashed, wouldn't it have crashed in route to its destination?

I think the only "motive" was to seize the plane.
Can anybody explain why this is not the logical explanation?

Old 03-17-2014, 09:01 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
Okay, but as far as I know most suicidal people don't hate their family members. Taking out a plane full of passengers and other crew members to "be remembered" sounds like a good way to have one's own family hunted down and tortured.
Most. Not all. You can't deny that there are deranged people who commit mass murder before taking themselves out.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:08 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
History is rife with people who commit murder as part of a suicide. You need look no further than Columbine and Sandy Hook

The reason why he did not auger the plane in immediately, or in the South China Sea is that he was living out an elaborate scenario centered on the plane. He saw this as a challenge, he worked it out in his simulator at home and he did it because he could. He knew the mystery he would leave behind and that was part of his death scenario. Just like Adam Lanza had his death scenario.
Since none of the people who committed the murders in Columbine or Sandy Hook are alive, no one knows if they decided to commit suicide before the murders or as a result of the murders. In any case, they murdered first and then perhaps and only perhaps, decided afterwards to commit suicide.

Now you know what the pilot was thinking? Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation