Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,952 times

Advertisements

I have a very nice home just outside of Baltimore City that I am preparing to put on the market. It is a 3 bedroom, 1 bath, living room, family room, laundry room and newly remodeled kitchen. Schools are excellent. If interested, please contact me at susanprophet@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 03:41 PM

201 posts, read 590,024 times
Quick Google search = around 19,000 high schools in the U.S, putting City College in the top 3%. Not many people can say they went to a HS better than 97% of the rest. Plus it's free. So no, its not a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by are you kidinme? View Post
This is a joke, right? 520th! And that's THE BEST school in Bmore. I wonder where that puts the other 4 great magnet schools? Let's get the word out.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:19 AM

76 posts, read 242,542 times
Unhappy You ARE nuts!

I lived in Baltimore for a few years, and honestly that is the filthiest city I have ever seen. The amount of litter on the sidewalks and streets is astounding. I would literally see people, including cops, just toss stuff out their car windows.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:31 PM

1,973 posts, read 6,808,940 times
Default Sure, c'mon on

Some 630,000 people live in Baltimore. Many are not fat and most don't have syphilis. In fact, lots of people, including me, are perfectly happy -- fat and happy, if the previous poster insists -- to live here. Outsiders, in particular, find the city livable and fascinating because they lack the blinders and prejudices of the locals.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:24 AM

775 posts, read 1,785,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barante View Post
Some 630,000 people live in Baltimore. Many are not fat and most don't have syphilis. In fact, lots of people, including me, are perfectly happy -- fat and happy, if the previous poster insists -- to live here. Outsiders, in particular, find the city livable and fascinating because they lack the blinders and prejudices of the locals.
I find a train wreck fascinating, but I wouldn't want to be in one and I feel for the people who are.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 AM

239 posts, read 759,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barante View Post

My experience has been the exact opposite. I had a party the other night, and as we were all talking about "It's nice to finally have friends here..."

We continued talking and realized the one thing everyone had in common was that none of us, not one, was from Baltimore. We'd all lived here less than two years.

We all see Baltimore the same way, "I'm putting in my dues here w/ a new company until I can transfer."

Outsiders (at least every single one I know) do not like living here. It's tolerable, at best. You speak of blinders, and to me, it's the locals that are desensitized. They look past the obvious problems b/c they are 'charming'.

So, I put my head down. I get along as well as I can, but after nearly a year of living here, I would not recommend the city. I would never live here again. Seems almost 40% of the population since 1960 would agree with me.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:12 PM

5 posts, read 9,982 times
I have to admit I left Baltimore after living there 40years more so because of the state turning into a high taxed Democratic entitlement society(city) but not before attaining a world class education from no other then POLY! I'd never trade it for the world and would highly recommend BPI to anyone if you're ready to apply yourself.I can't say much for "The Dump on the Hump" but I hear City is also a good skool....they just suck at football next to POLY....LOL....As far as the city itself,I loved growing up around so much of our nations early history.It's an old city and all old cities have good and bad areas that have lasted generations.If the government ever decides to cut taxes and not be so intrusive(nanny state) I'd love to move back home....but until then i'll stay here in Beautiful Pensacola Florida! =)
Ke3~~~~~~> Poison Class of "83" & brother R3 class of "80" Go Engineers!!!!!!

Old 12-17-2010, 09:37 PM

76 posts, read 242,542 times
Default Nightmare

Baltimore is a nightmare, it is a criminal infested area. I highly suggest you do not move there... I woke up to helicopter lights in my windows and cops chasing people almost weekly. Lots of break-ins and robberies. You will hear people fighting and arguing in all hours of the day! Way too many dirtbags. The majority of the people are dirty and rude, and will rob you blind. I couldn't get away from there quick enough. Was too scared to leave the apartment and was too scared being in the apartment. I cried everyday till the day I moved. Many people are trying to get out of there right now. If you are used to living in a predominantly white area you will hate this place. We had criminals living above us that got evicted and some arrested. Cops came 4 times they were harbouring criminals up there. Baltimore, is a filthy, disgusting place. It is the Ghetto. Do not be fooled because of the Inner Harbor. There is plenty of crime there too. Police in Baltimore carry m-16's, so what does that tell you?? Please, I beg of you if you are not used to this type of living go else where and always look up demographics in the area you are looking at, that was our mistake and that tells it all!!!

Old 12-18-2010, 06:22 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,514,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8move8away8 View Post
Please, I beg of you if you are not used to this type of living go else where and always look up demographics in the area you are looking at, that was our mistake and that tells it all!!!
We really don't need people with your attitude here. Glad you're gone!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:36 PM

90 posts, read 246,708 times
Wow there is some funny stuff on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore