Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 AM
305 305 started this thread

15 posts, read 43,268 times

Advertisements

I have a scheduled job interview next week in Woodlawn. Since I will have a day to explore, I need some suggestions on better neighborhoods in the area. I read other threats on the same topic and it came down to Columbia and Ellicot City. However, as a Florida native I am also considering Annapolis. As a single person, I am considering NoVA? Would that be a crazy idea? As many other members of this forum, I prefer clean, safe, green neighborhoods. I do not mind commute as long as I am not stuck in traffic for long.
I do not dislike my current job but next week’s interview would be a good career move. Any suggestions on which areas to visit while in MD would help me tremendously. Is it worth to leave FL for MD to begin with? No offense anyone, please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 07:29 PM

Upps... I meant to say threads

Old 07-10-2010, 09:39 PM

280 posts, read 674,869 times
NoVA would be a crazy idea, as you say do not mind the commute as long as you are not stuck in traffic for long. Annapolis would not be as bad, but still pretty far.

You mention suburban neighborhoods, but you also might want to check out some excellent city neighborhoods that are either adjacent to or near Woodlawn. The ones that come to mind are Dickeyville, Ten Hills and Hunting Ridge, and there are probably others that someone else may think of.

There may be more information on those neighborhoods here on this web site, or you can also find great information on the Live Baltimore web site.

I've heard of several present or former co workers who have moved up here from Florida to find work. Seems to be a tough job market there.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:11 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,513,021 times
I have been commuting to Woodlawn for 2.5 years from the city and it is honestly the best way to do it. My co-workers who live in the counties come in with tales of beltway horror that I never have known. Now that I moved near Dickeyville I have about a 12 minute bicycle ride to work. Not that the route is bike friendly in any way or anything, but I enjoy it anyway.

Perhaps if the OP could elaborate on what he or she were looking for in a house/neighborhood we could be of more assistance. Family? Kids?

Old 07-12-2010, 06:13 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,513,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305 View Post
Is it worth to leave FL for MD to begin with? No offense anyone, please!
None taken. All depends what you like. You couldn't pay me to live in Florida (no offense).

Old 07-12-2010, 07:08 AM

1,973 posts, read 6,808,058 times
Default Retain your sanity

Listen to HandsUpThumbsDown. NoVA is nuts and so is Annapolis. As a single person you may live wherever you want. But remember that if you move to the boondocks, you will most likely have to drive a lot if you develop any type of social life. So try to live close to (a) your work; (2) where your social activites are.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:02 PM

Thanks Everyone ! I will visit Columbia. It sounds as a good starting point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore