Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 03:34 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
The reason why there has been unbelievable coverage of this story is because it's a rarity. This was a good man murdered for no reason.

Could it happen anywhere? Yes. I am reminded by a recent trip I took to Chicago for a combo wedding/business trip. The reception lasted late (around 11 pm) and I decided I would just walk back to my hotel. (Reception: River North; Hotel: Loop near train station). I literally had 20 people at the wedding telling me not to walk that route (about 8 blocks) and volunteering to drive me to the hotel. I had no concerns about walking until after these people consistently told me not to do it. So, I took the offer. Woe and behold, the next morning I found out someone was stabbed at a 7-11 about two blocks from my hotel. And yes, closer to home, there have been people hurt and robbed in our suburban areas also.

Moral: I wouldn't walk in any city in this country after 9 or 10 including and even moreso, Baltimore.

The citizens in Charles Village are in an uproar and should be. This could have been prevented if the judge did his/her job. Hopefully, there will be the necessary rethinking of our "revolving door of justice in Maryland"

Leave it to bawlmer to bring up this unfortunate incident.
Jonjj I dont think that's the ONLY reason. Aside from that unfortunate event, the walk from Penn North to Camden Yards is safe, a long walk, but safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 12:13 AM

773 posts, read 2,630,589 times
Default Is it safe to walk from Penn Station to Camden Yards?

As a woman you'd be nuts to walk it at night. Daytime? Probably O.K.

Take a taxi. It will be $10 worth spent.

Old 08-07-2010, 04:43 PM

149 posts, read 496,618 times
Please take a cab. I was catching the marc train to bwi at night one time and I saw street walkers....who knows who else is out there. Protect yourself!

Old 08-08-2010, 06:43 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,510,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins View Post
Please take a cab. I was catching the marc train to bwi at night one time and I saw street walkers....who knows who else is out there. Protect yourself!
I think this question has been answered pretty thoroughly already.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 PM

773 posts, read 2,630,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliankingston2 View Post
I am a single mom and I am traveling to D.C with my mother and my son. My son wanted to go to a baseball game, but the Nationals are out of town. So he said that we could go to Baltimore to see the Orioles. Is it safe to walk from Penn Station to Camden Yards? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
I think this question has been answered pretty thoroughly already.
There's your answer, single mom. Next time you'll know better than to ask such a question on this forum.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:39 AM

Single mom's question was posed almost 3 weeks ago. I think her immediate need has faded. But I'm glad you got your 2 cents in anyway.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:14 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
The question of the OP was about walking from Penn Station to Camden Yards.

The young man was walking alone late at night talking on a $400 cell phone. He stuck out like a sore thumb. One needs to exercise more caution than that. Perhaps you could include that information if you honestly think the rest of the forum is setting this woman and her kids up for sure murder.

But, alas, you've arrived at your conclusion: Walking in Baltimore is hazardous. It's if you ordered a pizza every friday night for a year, and one time out of 52 it was terrible, would you conclude that all pizza is terrible and will be forevermore?

Do you think you're doing some sort of community service by fearmongering?
Wow. No wonder Baltimore such a sewer. Citizens actually think people minding their own business are legitimate targets of murderous thugs.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Wow. No wonder Baltimore such a sewer. Citizens actually think people minding their own business are legitimate targets of murderous thugs.
Oh, shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore