Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 03:46 PM

1,802 posts, read 8,163,018 times

Advertisements

I live in the Middle River area of Baltimore County. My development has those cluster mailboxes that were introduced around the 1980's that supposedly encourage interaction with the neighbors as well as making mail delivery easier and faster for the postal service. I have always experienced problems with mail delivery here. I regularly get mail for the neighbors delivered to my mailbox and they get my mail. Most of the time, our mail carrier doesn't even get here until 4:00 in the afternoon or later.

Yesterday, the mail was delivered around 6:00 p.m. Not unusual. I live at house number 15, and all of the mail in my box was addressed to number 17. I delivered the mail to my neighbor at number 17 and then knocked on the door of number 13 to see if possibly my mail was in her mailbox. She claimed that she cannot get into her mailbox (I have no idea of what she meant by this. I have attempted to be friendly with the people who live here but we only have a nodding acquaintance). Whatever. I figured I'd try to catch the mail carrier today and ask her.

So I managed to catch the mail carrier this evening to explain what happened with the delivery yesterday and to ask if it was possible that my mail was delivered by accident to the wrong box. I did not do this in an accusing way, and went out of my way to be cordial (I don't need her to start retaliating by always screwing my mail up). Her response was "Well, it was dark last night when I delivered here". I told her I understood that, but could she check to see if possibly my mail had been placed in the wrong box. Her response: "Maybe you just didn't get any mail".
I let it go and just went back into the house.

Is this type of poor service common in this area? Should I complain at the post office or is it better to just forget it? I try to have most of my bills delivered electronically, and my paychecks are direct deposited, but I still sometimes get mail that's important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: