Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,070 times

Advertisements

Baltimore supports the Capitals. There are tons of Capitals fans in Baltimore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,899,371 times
Bmore has some caps fans, I would still say you average person doesn't really care though. They are playing a preseason game in bmore this year, and probably eventually a regular game if the new arena is built. Those will def spark interest.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:28 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
I would assume most would root for the DC. teams, since most of Pro teams are shown in the Baltimore TV Market. I don't think any of the Philly sports teams are shown locally in the Baltimore area. So it would make since that people in the Baltimore area would most likely root for the Washington DC area when it comes to NHL and NBA teams.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:42 PM

226 posts, read 363,653 times
baltimore being a city 60% black defintely supports the nba, to the poster whom says we dont really follow basketball speak for yourself, everyone i know 40 and under follows basketball or plays basketball themselves, most people dont have a team they just follow the stars like carmelo anthony who is from bmore and lebron whom people just seem to genuinely like, i would be thrilled to see a basketball team bcuz i could actually see a game without paying astronomical prices for bad seats like the ravens games

Old 08-19-2011, 02:37 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,298,847 times
Yeah, the NBA is weird. Many people, like myself, are fans of the game without really having a team to call their own (sorry Wiz.) My team last year was the Mavs. It was great to see the old timers finally have their day in the sun. Poor LeBron will have to wait at least one more year.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:25 AM

8 posts, read 18,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudlander View Post
Come winter time, between the NFL and MLB, I was curious, does Baltimore follow and care about the NHL/NBA OR just NCAAB Maryland?

If you do root for an NHL team, which is it?
Some would think the Caps, since they are close by, however I know many Baltimore people dislike Washington, and therefor would think Philly (blue collar, nearby) might get the fans of Baltimore or Pittsburgh since they have many transplants.

What about NBA team fans?
Just my opinion, Hockey and Soccer, are not Baltimore prime interest. Again, just stating my opinion. You go further north, you will find support for NHL, further south, support and interest dwindles. Again, just my opinion.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:12 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,899,371 times
I think Soccer would do really well in Baltimore. The Blast keep the MISL in business, Ratings where the highest in Baltimore of any city for the Women's World Cup, and Irish Bars are filled every Saturday morning with people watching the Premier League. I think the chances of the DC United moving to Baltimore are strong, and I think it will do well and be very cool.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 3,118 times
Baltimore would be a great NBA town, if only they would be a 1st class arena.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:08 AM

92 posts, read 173,463 times
When it comes to NHL without a doubt Baltimore leans towards the Caps more than any other team. No question.

NBA, I can't really say. Wizards I guess? I feel like Terps basketball has a much bigger following in Baltimore than any NBA team.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:12 PM

5 posts, read 9,432 times
If the Wiz were any good, they'd have fans here. That's how there are so many Caps fans around here. Also, Baltimore people need to get over themselves. We're a satellite city of DC. We're Ft Worth to DC's Dallas, Oakland to DC's San Francisco, Tacoma to DC's Seattle. It's okay, it's what we are. It means we're the scrappy hard-nosed little brother. Big deal. Go Caps -- and Wiz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore