Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 05:34 AM

84 posts, read 276,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDguy99 View Post
NO. They are not. Upper-middle class suburbanites go there to impersonate, make fun of, and mock working-class Baltimore women in their own neighborhood. It is a horrible thing and akin to human beings going to a zoo and wearing a monkey hat making monkey noises. They may want to come off that they are embracing the culture, but they are exploiting it - like Denise Whiting is at Cafe HON (who had trademarked the word hon and is suing people for using it). It is a sick display and mockery. Do not patronize it.
Wow! That's pretty negative. If you do a forum search for Honfest, you'll find some pretty enthusiastic comments from some of your favorite posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 AM

501 posts, read 1,160,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlmr View Post
Wow! That's pretty negative. If you do a forum search for Honfest, you'll find some pretty enthusiastic comments from some of your favorite posters.
I have no favorite posters and I have no qualms with telling anyone not to patronize the circus. I have already told my own sister and she has realized the truth about it and does not go. Also if you could comprehend, you would see that my post is negative about people taking advantage of the people of my city, not about the city itself like the grocery list you posted was. Mind your own business and get to changing your username to match a city you like. Thank you, and good day.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
I have no favorite posters and I have no qualms with telling anyone not to patronize the circus. I have already told my own sister and she has realized the truth about it and does not go. Also if you could comprehend, you would see that my post is negative about people taking advantage of the people of my city, not about the city itself like the grocery list you posted was. Mind your own business and get to changing your username to match a city you like. Thank you, and good day.
Sorry to drift off topic, but this is one of the best lines yet. You are telling me to mind my own business while at the same time you are telling me to change my username. I'm sorry, but that is too classic.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:05 AM

4 posts, read 6,488 times
Quote:
Try to visit the Hon-fest this summer for some really good examples.
You must be kidding. Honfest is definitely not the place to see any real Hons or hear the genuine dialect, and Denise Whiting is a joke herself. Just another greedy businessperson. She should have left well enough alone.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
NO. They are not. Upper-middle class suburbanites go there to impersonate, make fun of, and mock working-class Baltimore women in their own neighborhood. It is a horrible thing and akin to human beings going to a zoo and wearing a monkey hat making monkey noises. They may want to come off that they are embracing the culture, but they are exploiting it - like Denise Whiting is at Cafe HON (who had trademarked the word hon and is suing people for using it). It is a sick display and mockery. Do not patronize it.
Bravo. Right on point.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:08 AM

Funny how fickle some folks are. The community totally supported her when she was made to take the pink flamingo down.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Honfest is weak. Anyone who posts an enthusiastic comment about it is not from Baltimore or doesn't mind patronizing a sham.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Funny how fickle some folks are. The community totally supported her when she was made to take the pink flamingo down.
You need to read up. She tricked the community into supporting her by playing the "oh, poor me" card when she had every intention to take it down nefore that happened and put up a new one anyway. She played everyone. She just didnt want to pay full price and wanted the free publicity. You should try reading the Baltimore Sun or City Paper.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:37 AM

Then I guess she "tricked" a lot of people. There was widespread community support for her.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:09 AM

501 posts, read 1,160,977 times
Bawlmr likes nothing better than to degrade Baltimore in every post he makes. There is no exception- look at his post history. There is a difference betwen this and having an honest opinion. I say positive and negative things when the time is called for- he says negative in every post. He enjoys inciting arguments and revels in his username that is a knock at the Baltimorese accent. People should catch on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore