Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:14 AM

152 posts, read 487,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0622 View Post
Oh Bubs- that must be so fun. Except he's always stealing your copper piping and radiators, right??
How did you know? I ended up plumbing the whole house with PVC and a installing forced air system. Efficient and burglar proof.

I do like to buy athletic socks and 6XL tees from his shopping cart store, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 11:16 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atariwhizkid View Post
How did you know? I ended up plumbing the whole house with PVC and a installing forced air system. Efficient and burglar proof.

I do like to buy athletic socks and 6XL tees from his shopping cart store, though.
LOL, the shopping cart.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:16 AM

915 posts, read 3,179,750 times
It does show how Maryland politics in general are pretty corrupt, especially in Baltimore City. The problem is, the crooks keep getting elected by the same group of people that depending on welfare and EBT!

Old 05-03-2011, 12:32 PM

7 posts, read 22,062 times
Default Wire

Some aspects of the WIRE showed a depiction of the drug problem (drug sells and drug use). Other aspects were stretched. The scene in which the cop turned teacher starts the new school year and the school was dirty and reckless. Not true. Another scene in which, the western district police commissioner decides to make a deal with the drug dealers to sell drugs in a certain area only. Not true.

I am saddened that folks take television for real life and won't recognize that aspects of it is entertainment. For sure, what community in America does not have a drug problem. The major diference between communities in which people have lots of disposal money and other assets and communities in which the money disposal is limited, is that one is hidden and looks really good, you don't have street corners for persons to hang, because the design of the community means you must have a car. However, in urban areas, they were design for neighborhoods to have their own commerce (that is the reason why you have store fronts) and for people to interact with one another. As a person that was raised in Baltimore the meaning of a neighborhood is the fact that you know everyone and nothing is hidden. There is the good, the bad, and the ugly, but it is the neighborhood. The neighborhood is a micro of the larger world.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 AM

258 posts, read 1,011,007 times
What aspect about the dirty school or classroom do you suspect wasn't true?

Old 05-04-2011, 12:09 PM

37 posts, read 90,701 times
Interesting comments...

Old 05-04-2011, 02:52 PM

80 posts, read 146,216 times
Baltimore is just like the Wire, except more depressing.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:00 AM

25 posts, read 53,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atariwhizkid View Post
I know! Bubbles lives in the garage behind my rowhouse.

This thread is idiotic.
Lol, for real? I've spent some time in those areas, & I've been there. Apparently, its on some thing ccalled "the wire tour" lol

Old 07-03-2011, 04:31 PM

7 posts, read 34,966 times
Back before they knocked down the high rise projects and they made living in the county so cheap the wire was a really accurate representation of west baltimore and parts of east. But since the mid 2000s its a lot better but still pretty bad. If you live in an area code of like 21214 your neighborhod is nothing like the wire, but it can be pretty xenophobic if you catch my drift.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:54 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psftxerica View Post
Lol, for real? I've spent some time in those areas, & I've been there. Apparently, its on some thing ccalled "the wire tour" lol
Wow, they have "The Wire Tour", huh? Not a bad idea really. The last thing Baltimore needs is some country couple from Indiana trying to find Vine Street. Ah, excuse me, is this the corner where Bodie got capped?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: