Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:58 PM

415 posts, read 1,961,051 times

Advertisements

That's actually not that bad. Emergency dispatching is based on a priority system. They're going to bump your stolen bike complaint for a shooting or robbery, stuff like that. If 12-15 minutes is the average (since most calls are NOT an actual emergency, and don't warrant an emergent response from them), consider that they're coming to you through regular traffic lights, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 06:00 PM

149 posts, read 668,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsgoof View Post
That's actually not that bad. Emergency dispatching is based on a priority system. They're going to bump your stolen bike complaint for a shooting or robbery, stuff like that. If 12-15 minutes is the average (since most calls are NOT an actual emergency, and don't warrant an emergent response from them), consider that they're coming to you through regular traffic lights, etc.
Sorry, I should have made it clear, I meant murder.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:08 PM

689 posts, read 3,216,347 times
LOL - emsgoof do you live in my neighborhood?

Old 08-16-2007, 07:20 PM

415 posts, read 1,961,051 times
Hmm... no excuse for that other than not enough police in the department (and the chief refusing to put new hires into cars, wanting them to "walk the beat" to get more community interaction...)

Old 08-16-2007, 08:46 PM

149 posts, read 668,304 times
The cop I talked was a typical 50-something worn out East Bawlmeron. He said basically something along the lines of the Eastern precinct cops take their good 'ol time getting down there, and no real pressure from their superiors.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Location: I'm at the intersection waiting for the stop sign to turn green.
22 posts, read 70,829 times
As with just about everything else, there's always the few that makes the many look bad. The officers that I've had encounters with have, more often than not, been polite and professional and some have gone out of their way to offer resources and counsel that was outside their scope of work. I'm not saying that the knuckle-heads aren't out there because,I've seen my of share of officers who are really just bullys-with-badges. I'm just saying that I believe that there are a few bad seeds in every department and incase enyone is wondering, I am a African American man and a resident of Baltimore city

Old 09-18-2007, 11:44 AM

915 posts, read 3,180,902 times
Instead of complaint why not do soemthing about...after all you guys that live in the city elected those official into office right? Write to the newspaper / your rep or w/e...Just because you have bad experience with cops dont not mean the whole damn city police departments are a bunch of imcompetant corupt department.
I work with the city a lot doing engineering works in the city, i am constantly seeing cops doing stint /arrest on drugs related right along park heights, modawmin malls area...
I personally never been harrased by the Bmore cops but NYPD...LOL...there are still hardworking honest people..

Old 09-18-2007, 01:39 PM

46 posts, read 224,378 times
There are corrupt cops, there are good cops , there are mediocre cops but for the money they make is it worth it when you know everday you are putting your life on the line.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:55 PM

206 posts, read 798,066 times
Pulled into the 7-11 last night at 1:00 AM in the morning after getting off work. I left my car running because there was a cop already on the lot, plus I have an interlock on my car which makes it almost impossible to steal. I go in get my soda and come back out in 2 minutes. The cop is standing at my car telling my that he could have stolen my car. I told him the he wouldn't of gotten very far because of the interlock then he proceeds to tell me that it's illegal to leave my car running unattended. He can give me an 80 dollar ticket. Are you kidding me? Drug addicts and hookers around the corner and this guy is giving a college graduate, honest man who just got off work a bunch of sh*t. What the hell? This city sucks ass.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:42 PM

165 posts, read 533,460 times
Give any thought to the possiblity that you leaving your unattended car running INVITES the type of criminal activity they are trying to deter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinflamezzz View Post
Pulled into the 7-11 last night at 1:00 AM in the morning after getting off work. I left my car running because there was a cop already on the lot, plus I have an interlock on my car which makes it almost impossible to steal. I go in get my soda and come back out in 2 minutes. The cop is standing at my car telling my that he could have stolen my car. I told him the he wouldn't of gotten very far because of the interlock then he proceeds to tell me that it's illegal to leave my car running unattended. He can give me an 80 dollar ticket. Are you kidding me? Drug addicts and hookers around the corner and this guy is giving a college graduate, honest man who just got off work a bunch of sh*t. What the hell? This city sucks ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: