Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:10 PM

1,175 posts, read 2,899,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFean View Post
Thanks everyone. I feel much better know. It's my birthday and I'm really looking forward to a nice time at the ball game (with hot dogs) and enjoying the Inner Harbor for a couple of days. I just wish the Orioles were doing a little better. Oh well, I love baseball!
The Hot Dogs and drinks are 1/3 the price and better on the outside of the stadium, and you can bring them in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 02:32 PM

96 posts, read 261,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynch10 View Post
The Hot Dogs and drinks are 1/3 the price and better on the outside of the stadium, and you can bring them in.
All right! Thanks for the information.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:50 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,305,888 times
Quote:
Next weekend, my husband and I are going to cruise up to Baltimore and dock our boat at Inner Harbor. On Saturday night we want to walk to a baseball game in the evening. It will probably be over around 10:30 or maybe 11:00. Is it safe to walk from the ball field to Inner Harbor at night? It doesn't look like a long walk on google maps.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
As long as you are walking among the crowds, you will be fine.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,089 times
Quote:
Next weekend, my husband and I are going to cruise up to Baltimore and dock our boat at Inner Harbor. On Saturday night we want to walk to a baseball game in the evening. It will probably be over around 10:30 or maybe 11:00. Is it safe to walk from the ball field to Inner Harbor at night? It doesn't look like a long walk on google maps.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Not a long walk at all. 10 minutes tops.

Use common sense. Though if you are leaving a game you may have a few people around, so it wont be too quiet.
You might see a homeless guy or two asking for money, just ignore them or help them, again just use common sense.

Over all its a pretty safe walk.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Not a long walk at all. 10 minutes tops.

Use common sense. Though if you are leaving a game you may have a few people around, so it wont be too quiet.
You might see a homeless guy or two asking for money, just ignore them or help them, again just use common sense.

Over all its a pretty safe walk.
Thanks for your input. Yes, we will be staying alert and use common sense. With each affirming reply, I'm feeling more and more okay about it. I'm glad to know that it is a 10 minute walk. I wondered about that.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 AM

388 posts, read 848,924 times
You will also be urged to buy some peanuts and fake everything-you-can-think-of on your way into the park, just letting you know because some people arent used to the throngs of street vendors on their way into the park. Id buy some peanuts, but leave everything else.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:22 PM

251 posts, read 721,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifie View Post
You will also be urged to buy some peanuts and fake everything-you-can-think-of on your way into the park, just letting you know because some people arent used to the throngs of street vendors on their way into the park. Id buy some peanuts, but leave everything else.
What makes you think those peanuts are any more real than the rest of the merchandise?

Old 08-04-2011, 05:31 PM

388 posts, read 848,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by End-User View Post
What makes you think those peanuts are any more real than the rest of the merchandise?
Haha, good point, they do taste good, though.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:19 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,961,782 times
Safe. Not sure what the other guy was talking about.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:34 AM

Yes, we will grab some peanuts on the way in. That is pretty much a standard for us at other ball parks we've been to. The one place you always want to wait until you get inside for is Fenway Park in Boston. They have awesome hot dogs inside the park. They have food vendors outside the park, but you want to wait til you get in for one or two of those Fenway dogs. I'm looking forward to checking out Camden Yard.
Thanks everyone for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: