U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:17 PM

1,653 posts, read 5,407,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Those photos are phenomena Grendel!
Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 11:06 PM

773 posts, read 2,299,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Zea mays, as for the pencil thin building, i believe you are referring to the William Donald Schaefer Building. It does not have an observation deck unfortunately, but there is an observation deck at the Baltimore World Trade Center. The William Donald Schaefer Building was completed in 1992. They planned to have condos in the top "pencil thin" section, but that never went through and i don't believe anything lies up there today.
Thanks for responding. Does the Schaefer building have a street address, like ??? East Lombard Street? I know that Schaefer was your mayor in the past.

Speaking of observation deck, where is the best place to take a photo of the Baltimore skyline, including the harbor/water? I have been to the World Trade Center down by the harbor, but at the time I was a guest of a highfalutin' financial firm. Is the observation deck at the WTC open to the publlc at a modest price?

Thanks in advance. I'll be sure to take in an Oriole game when I'm there.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:02 AM

4,382 posts, read 15,772,740 times
Sure! It's 6 Saint Paul Place.

The price of the WTC observation deck is 5$ for adults (Top Of The World Observation Level). Of course if you want the most commonly seen view of baltimore which includes the city and harbor, you go to Federal Hill Park. Another great view is if you have a room at The Baltimore Marriott Waterfront with a view toward the west. You get an amazing view of the city and harbor. The water taxi can also provide great views.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 13,885 times
Hey i was trying to see who i can get in contact with to purchase one of the pictures you posted pic # 1800023864_e8c6257b90_o. Its the pic of baltiomre city as sundown, the most pinkish tinted baltimore city pic. Please get back to me asap would like to buy that pic and see if there are any other available especially the original. Thank you for all your help.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 13,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Again, I enjoyed my stay in Baltimore for about the first 4 years. It just got really old. I still have a few great friends there and I've visited several times since I left and loved it.

I totally agree that every city - especially the older East Coast cities - have need for improvement. There are areas in Boston and Cleveland where I wouldn't be comfortable in! I haven't found those in Denver yet but give me time!

I'm truly glad that you are so supportive of your city!
I just moved to Baltimore. In the process of doing some research on the city, I landed on this forum.

My two cents: It seems that anyone who chooses to live downtown in a major city is taking a calculated risk since most out-of-town visitors who visit a city will probably spend a majority of their time downtown and all the people who live in the metro area will come downtown occasionally for errands, leisure, shopping, and entertainment. Downtown areas are touristy and high traffic areas. Crime is more predominant (factor in the odds). Cost of living is higher since you are paying the tourist price for goods and amenities. Then, there's noise, litter, loitering, parking hassles, etc. Does this mean it's okay to make gross generalizations about an entire city based on a few downtown neighborhoods? Absolutely not. That's completely absurd!

I live in Hampden and love it! I hear Charles Village has its charms. There's also Roland Park, Station North, Mt. Vernon, Bolton Hill, etc. There are plenty of places in the city that do not fit your mold. Maybe you should get over yourself and consider the alternatives. Baltimore is a city of neighborhoods and each one has it's own charm. Get out of your bubble and explore some of them.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:57 AM

8 posts, read 22,415 times
I have always loved Baltimore even though I do not live there. I used to own rentals there and I am about to go back there and get some more. Love the city there!!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:55 AM

1,697 posts, read 6,200,343 times

Fells Point and views from the area:

Mt. Vernon:

Federal Hill:

Old 06-06-2012, 07:44 AM

6 posts, read 18,651 times
A few of my shots from the Inner Harbor...

Old 06-17-2012, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 12,342 times

Last edited by mowjr88; 06-17-2012 at 05:19 PM..

Old 09-21-2012, 03:39 PM

6 posts, read 16,651 times
Amazing shots. Are you a native? I just posted a question about Baltimore..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore