U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:20 PM

3,681 posts, read 5,470,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlmr View Post
East Baltimore
Thanks for these pics. I, for one, appreciate seeing how the "other" side lives. It gives me a more balanced perspective on the city.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 06:08 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,953,312 times

Old 02-15-2013, 07:18 AM

1 posts, read 11,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaoat View Post
All are very pretty, thank you for posting.
As for the negative comments, yeah sure it has an ugly side....having lived in big cities around the world (Rome, Naples, Berlin..) it's a given for all. We also lived in the fashionable section of smaller Richmond (Cary St. in the Slip) w/ pretty shops and cobblestones outside our door; along with drugs & drunks & homeless & urine & noise & smells & theft & your pricey parking slot taken... cities are what they are. There was a time, not so long ago, that our area of Richmond was a scary place to drive, much less live. I'd say Baltimore has more than it's fair share of the positive aside the terrible, so I look forward to knowing more than just Pimlico (a work stop).
Again, thanks for the nice pics!
We deliver proactive maintenance services through our flat-rate IT Support Service. We partner with you as your Virtual CIO and IT Department, allowing you to focus on running your business, not your technology for more info goto [url=http://www.enhancedcs.com/]Baltimore Maryland IT Services And PC Computer Repair | Baltimore IT Support[/url]

Old 04-20-2013, 11:20 AM

4,420 posts, read 3,045,635 times
Just some meh pictures I took from I-95. Thought I'd throw them up here. Not the best photos, but I really liked the silhouette look.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:26 PM

19 posts, read 24,753 times
Beautiful but don't dare show close ups of filth in our streets and who's working our jobs. I have those pictures and will post soon.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:52 AM

2 posts, read 11,782 times
Default pretty

Oh thats pretty

Old 12-16-2013, 07:17 PM

4 posts, read 12,351 times
thank you so much for that. I love how you take photos from all over the place and different views and weather You are amazing and have a great eye. WOW

Old 01-28-2014, 09:27 AM

26 posts, read 49,958 times
do you have redlight speed cameras in your neighborhood,and did you get a ticket?

Updated: Thursday, January 23 2014, 10:25 PM EST A secret audit of the city’s speed camera program commissioned last year revealed the system was more error prone than city officials were willing to admit. In February 2013 city officials used $268,000 of taxpayer funds to pay a consulting firm called URS. The firm was tasked with studying the performance of the city’s former camera enforcement vendor, Xerox. FOX45 obtained a copy of the audit of 2012 data, conducted in 2013, that tested dozen of cameras across the city. It found 10% of the tickets issued were erroneous, with some locations notching an error rate of over 50%. The rate of bogus citations jibes
speedcamerasbaltimorescam.renthandy

Old 01-28-2014, 09:31 AM

26 posts, read 49,958 times
Default speed camear scam

do you have speed cameras in your neighborhood,and did you get a ticket?

Updated: Thursday, January 23 2014, 10:25 PM EST A secret audit of the city’s speed camera program commissioned last year revealed the system was more error prone than city officials were willing to admit. In February 2013 city officials used $268,000 of taxpayer funds to pay a consulting firm called URS. The firm was tasked with studying the performance of the city’s former camera enforcement vendor, Xerox. FOX45 obtained a copy of the audit of 2012 data, conducted in 2013, that tested dozen of cameras across the city. It found 10% of the tickets issued were erroneous, with some locations notching an error rate of over 50%. The rate of bogus citations jibes

Old 01-30-2014, 04:10 PM

6,885 posts, read 10,444,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataed View Post
do you have redlight speed cameras in your neighborhood,and did you get a ticket?

I saw a speed camera flash at the intersection of North @Maryland Ave... I was like hmmmm.. I thought they were deactivated.. Maybe they are but no one deactivated that camera.....LOL...

Dont let the City fool you.. they are enjoying this hiatus for the speed cameras. People were getting wise to them and would slow down before they got to them.. Now they are getting used to the fact that they are "off" and are speeding/running red lights again.. When they finally get turned back "on" its going to be a windfall for the City again.. just like in the beginning and then revenues will decline again and they will turn them off and start the process all over again....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore