Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-31-2014, 05:07 AM
 
Location: Baltimore
2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Reputation: 767

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I saw a speed camera flash at the intersection of North @Maryland Ave... I was like hmmmm.. I thought they were deactivated.. Maybe they are but no one deactivated that camera.....LOL...

Dont let the City fool you.. they are enjoying this hiatus for the speed cameras. People were getting wise to them and would slow down before they got to them.. Now they are getting used to the fact that they are "off" and are speeding/running red lights again.. When they finally get turned back "on" its going to be a windfall for the City again.. just like in the beginning and then revenues will decline again and they will turn them off and start the process all over again....
Im 50/50 with the speed camera's. I have seen some reckless driving in this city. I would be ok to have them up. Let the city make a profit from the jack@sses who need to speed in narrow street environments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-31-2014, 08:01 AM
 
8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Reputation: 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Im 50/50 with the speed camera's. I have seen some reckless driving in this city. I would be ok to have them up. Let the city make a profit from the jack@sses who need to speed in narrow street environments.

I dont have an issue with then per se... I got nailed by a red light camera one time for making a rolling right turn on red...Though the intersection was clear and I thought I "stopped" the law is the law..People were vandalizing a few of the speed cameras by blacking or shooting out their lens... I remember the old guy on 295 who got out of his car and "killed" a speed camera.. The cameras final act of defiance as it slipped into flatline status.. was to film the guy as he committed the act.. and that is what led to his arrest....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2014, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Reputation: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I dont have an issue with then per se... I got nailed by a red light camera one time for making a rolling right turn on red...Though the intersection was clear and I thought I "stopped" the law is the law..People were vandalizing a few of the speed cameras by blacking or shooting out their lens... I remember the old guy on 295 who got out of his car and "killed" a speed camera.. The cameras final act of defiance as it slipped into flatline status.. was to film the guy as he committed the act.. and that is what led to his arrest....
Lol! Nothing surprises me in this city. That's one issue I have. It's so easy to get caught up in the Baltimore style driving habitats that I tend to want to follow the crowd. You know, drive around vehicles, turn on red lights, ect. Cause hey " If everybody does it.." But then I realized that I don't want to give the city anymore than I give them already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2014, 03:36 PM
 
8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Reputation: 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Lol! Nothing surprises me in this city. That's one issue I have. It's so easy to get caught up in the Baltimore style driving habitats that I tend to want to follow the crowd. You know, drive around vehicles, turn on red lights, ect. Cause hey " If everybody does it.." But then I realized that I don't want to give the city anymore than I give them already.
Philly is much worse..They need to take down four way stops in Philly and make them 'Yield' signs.. No one comes to a complete stop everyone just yields the goes...

I was riding with a guy from Philly.. I felt like I was on Star Wars in an X wing fighter zipping through the trenches of the Death Star.. he was flying down those narrow South Philly Streets.. cars on both sides..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 10:19 PM
 
3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times
Reputation: 7790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Philly is much worse..They need to take down four way stops in Philly and make them 'Yield' signs.. No one comes to a complete stop everyone just yields the goes...

I was riding with a guy from Philly.. I felt like I was on Star Wars in an X wing fighter zipping through the trenches of the Death Star.. he was flying down those narrow South Philly Streets.. cars on both sides..


Drivers like that should have their license revoked indefinitely. If a child or a pet or even an adult were to come out between those parked cars, there is no way they would be able to stop. Instead of replacing the stop signs with yield signs, they need to put policemen at the intersections giving tickets to those who slide through the intersections. Philadelphia could use the revenue as their city is almost as corrupt as Baltimore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2014, 10:25 AM
 
8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Reputation: 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Drivers like that should have their license revoked indefinitely. If a child or a pet or even an adult were to come out between those parked cars, there is no way they would be able to stop. Instead of replacing the stop signs with yield signs, they need to put policemen at the intersections giving tickets to those who slide through the intersections. Philadelphia could use the revenue as their city is almost as corrupt as Baltimore.

I dont disagree.. especially now that parts of philly are now heavily populated and kids are everywhere...I told him to 'slow down' and he stared at me blankly...so rather than argue a point that seemed to be counter to his culture.. I rather he keeps his eyes on the road than focus on me or a conversation about what he considered to be a Philly culture..I did see a few folks step out mid block.... look at our approach and jump back.. his argument was 'they should cross at a crosswalk'

As for corruption.. If you havent seen the Reality TV Show "Parking Wars" you should look at a YouTube video from that show.. What they did to people at the Philly City impound yard was unbelievable...I believe there is a law snaking its way through the General Assembly in MD that will make it a crime to "harass" a parking meter attendant... which means we will likely have quite a few people in this City will be going to jail or being arrested and fined.....as Damon Wayans used to say "Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2014, 07:23 AM
 
56 posts, read 79,627 times
Reputation: 58
This debate will never stop Baltimore and the state of Maryland is part of the lower Northeastern Region or Mid Atlantic it has nothing in common with GA or any other southern state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2015, 08:39 PM
 
174 posts, read 411,589 times
Reputation: 99
Here are some pics of the Inner Harbor area.
Attached Thumbnails
The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0528.jpg   The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0531.jpg   The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0532.jpg   The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0533.jpg   The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0534.jpg  

The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0535.jpg   The Baltimore skyline (photos)-inner-harbor.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2015, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
613 posts, read 462,993 times
Reputation: 1338
Gorgeous pictures! If only the rest of Baltimore were that nice. Maybe somebody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2015, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
689 posts, read 1,006,358 times
Reputation: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Gorgeous pictures! If only the rest of Baltimore were that nice. Maybe somebody.
It already is its just in the nice parts most can't afford or never been to before very exclusive, dense forest and sophisticated off the radar neighborhoods with historic mansions and old plantation homes that you just cant walk to or take public transit to from downtown you most likely need a car to get to them if visiting north, northeast, northwest, southwest of downtown. They break off from the inner city street grid and its almost like your entering another city. Little to no crime and are surrounded by many nice neighborhoods especially in north Baltimore where there are no row homes at all. Roland Park, Guilford, Original Northwood, Arcadia, Evergreen etc.

Last edited by Northernest Southernest C; 03-24-2015 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top