U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 05:07 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,703,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I saw a speed camera flash at the intersection of North @Maryland Ave... I was like hmmmm.. I thought they were deactivated.. Maybe they are but no one deactivated that camera.....LOL...

Dont let the City fool you.. they are enjoying this hiatus for the speed cameras. People were getting wise to them and would slow down before they got to them.. Now they are getting used to the fact that they are "off" and are speeding/running red lights again.. When they finally get turned back "on" its going to be a windfall for the City again.. just like in the beginning and then revenues will decline again and they will turn them off and start the process all over again....
Im 50/50 with the speed camera's. I have seen some reckless driving in this city. I would be ok to have them up. Let the city make a profit from the jack@sses who need to speed in narrow street environments.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 08:01 AM

6,985 posts, read 10,576,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Im 50/50 with the speed camera's. I have seen some reckless driving in this city. I would be ok to have them up. Let the city make a profit from the jack@sses who need to speed in narrow street environments.

I dont have an issue with then per se... I got nailed by a red light camera one time for making a rolling right turn on red...Though the intersection was clear and I thought I "stopped" the law is the law..People were vandalizing a few of the speed cameras by blacking or shooting out their lens... I remember the old guy on 295 who got out of his car and "killed" a speed camera.. The cameras final act of defiance as it slipped into flatline status.. was to film the guy as he committed the act.. and that is what led to his arrest....

Old 01-31-2014, 01:31 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,703,287 times
Quote:
I dont have an issue with then per se... I got nailed by a red light camera one time for making a rolling right turn on red...Though the intersection was clear and I thought I "stopped" the law is the law..People were vandalizing a few of the speed cameras by blacking or shooting out their lens... I remember the old guy on 295 who got out of his car and "killed" a speed camera.. The cameras final act of defiance as it slipped into flatline status.. was to film the guy as he committed the act.. and that is what led to his arrest....
Lol! Nothing surprises me in this city. That's one issue I have. It's so easy to get caught up in the Baltimore style driving habitats that I tend to want to follow the crowd. You know, drive around vehicles, turn on red lights, ect. Cause hey " If everybody does it.." But then I realized that I don't want to give the city anymore than I give them already.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Lol! Nothing surprises me in this city. That's one issue I have. It's so easy to get caught up in the Baltimore style driving habitats that I tend to want to follow the crowd. You know, drive around vehicles, turn on red lights, ect. Cause hey " If everybody does it.." But then I realized that I don't want to give the city anymore than I give them already.
Philly is much worse..They need to take down four way stops in Philly and make them 'Yield' signs.. No one comes to a complete stop everyone just yields the goes...

I was riding with a guy from Philly.. I felt like I was on Star Wars in an X wing fighter zipping through the trenches of the Death Star.. he was flying down those narrow South Philly Streets.. cars on both sides..

Old 02-08-2014, 10:19 PM

3,346 posts, read 3,145,504 times
Quote:
Philly is much worse..They need to take down four way stops in Philly and make them 'Yield' signs.. No one comes to a complete stop everyone just yields the goes...

I was riding with a guy from Philly.. I felt like I was on Star Wars in an X wing fighter zipping through the trenches of the Death Star.. he was flying down those narrow South Philly Streets.. cars on both sides..

Drivers like that should have their license revoked indefinitely. If a child or a pet or even an adult were to come out between those parked cars, there is no way they would be able to stop. Instead of replacing the stop signs with yield signs, they need to put policemen at the intersections giving tickets to those who slide through the intersections. Philadelphia could use the revenue as their city is almost as corrupt as Baltimore.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Drivers like that should have their license revoked indefinitely. If a child or a pet or even an adult were to come out between those parked cars, there is no way they would be able to stop. Instead of replacing the stop signs with yield signs, they need to put policemen at the intersections giving tickets to those who slide through the intersections. Philadelphia could use the revenue as their city is almost as corrupt as Baltimore.

I dont disagree.. especially now that parts of philly are now heavily populated and kids are everywhere...I told him to 'slow down' and he stared at me blankly...so rather than argue a point that seemed to be counter to his culture.. I rather he keeps his eyes on the road than focus on me or a conversation about what he considered to be a Philly culture..I did see a few folks step out mid block.... look at our approach and jump back.. his argument was 'they should cross at a crosswalk'

As for corruption.. If you havent seen the Reality TV Show "Parking Wars" you should look at a YouTube video from that show.. What they did to people at the Philly City impound yard was unbelievable...I believe there is a law snaking its way through the General Assembly in MD that will make it a crime to "harass" a parking meter attendant... which means we will likely have quite a few people in this City will be going to jail or being arrested and fined.....as Damon Wayans used to say "Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money".

Old 11-19-2014, 07:23 AM

56 posts, read 66,322 times
This debate will never stop Baltimore and the state of Maryland is part of the lower Northeastern Region or Mid Atlantic it has nothing in common with GA or any other southern state.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:39 PM

160 posts, read 339,103 times
Here are some pics of the Inner Harbor area.
Attached Thumbnails
The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0528.jpg   The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0531.jpg   The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0532.jpg   The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0533.jpg   The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0534.jpg  

The Baltimore skyline (photos)-img_0535.jpg   The Baltimore skyline (photos)-inner-harbor.jpg  

Old 03-24-2015, 03:39 PM

614 posts, read 398,405 times
Gorgeous pictures! If only the rest of Baltimore were that nice. Maybe somebody.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:34 PM

684 posts, read 822,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Gorgeous pictures! If only the rest of Baltimore were that nice. Maybe somebody.
It already is its just in the nice parts most can't afford or never been to before very exclusive, dense forest and sophisticated off the radar neighborhoods with historic mansions and old plantation homes that you just cant walk to or take public transit to from downtown you most likely need a car to get to them if visiting north, northeast, northwest, southwest of downtown. They break off from the inner city street grid and its almost like your entering another city. Little to no crime and are surrounded by many nice neighborhoods especially in north Baltimore where there are no row homes at all. Roland Park, Guilford, Original Northwood, Arcadia, Evergreen etc.

Last edited by Northernest Southernest C; 03-24-2015 at 08:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore