Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:33 PM

35 posts, read 56,835 times

Advertisements

I have rented from bozzuto before and I would not recommend any of there properties under any circumstances. They have limited surveillance at the Zenith apartments. Basically the cameras are where the employees work (they have cameras in front of their business center, workout room and club room) but no cameras in the garage or where you live. I know people that lived at the Zenith and had their vehicles broken into and that is when they discovered there was no surveillance Bozzuto will not let you in on this when you move in. Also they have discounted rates but if you have to break your lease for any reason you have to pay all the free months of rent back that you received upon move in. I would not recommend it by any means but if you must move there you should plan to be there at least a year or spend a fortune to break your lease. also there month to month rate is 200 dollars over the market rate while southern management is only like 50 bucks. If you have a family have you considered Howard county for the school system? Nice places around Columbia town center for the same as you would pay for a downtown rental in Baltimore and the parking is included in the rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 06:59 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j236 View Post
I have rented from bozzuto before and I would not recommend any of there properties under any circumstances. They have limited surveillance at the Zenith apartments. Basically the cameras are where the employees work (they have cameras in front of their business center, workout room and club room) but no cameras in the garage or where you live. I know people that lived at the Zenith and had their vehicles broken into and that is when they discovered there was no surveillance Bozzuto will not let you in on this when you move in.
Seems odd they wouldn't have a camera there but honestly even if they did I doubt a vehicle break in would rank high on the BPD's investigation meter.

Quote:
Also they have discounted rates but if you have to break your lease for any reason you have to pay all the free months of rent back that you received upon move in.
I'm curious as to why do you feel entitled to a promotion when you didn't live up to your end of the deal? The offer is you get X months free for an X month lease. You broke the lease therefore you forfeit the free months.

Quote:
I would not recommend it by any means but if you must move there you should plan to be there at least a year or spend a fortune to break your lease. also there month to month rate is 200 dollars over the market rate while southern management is only like 50 bucks.
Why sign leases if folks can just break them at a whim with no consequences? If the landlord broke his end of the agreement I would suspect you would not be too pleased either.

Quote:
If you have a family have you considered Howard county for the school system? Nice places around Columbia town center for the same as you would pay for a downtown rental in Baltimore and the parking is included in the rent
Yes these places are cheaper but their land values are also cheaper and are not in the city center. Besides maybe the OP wants to stay in the city, family or no family?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:44 PM

35 posts, read 56,835 times
I am not speaking of just breaking a lease for the heck of it. there are circumstances when people have to relocate for a job or family. Most landlords will try to rent the unit out for you so you are not out of any additional funds. Bozzuto does not offer this option they want you to repay all concessions and then they rent out the unit so in a sense it is "double dipping". Along with paying back all concessions you also have to pay them I believe one or two months rent and then they will settle for you. I personally know people that have rented from Bozzuto and had to leave the area for reasons beyond their control I mean you are talking 3000 to 5000 just to break a lease with them. Maybe you live in a perfect world where nothing ever goes wrong. I do not know that many people who have that kind of money just lying around!!

Old 12-31-2011, 07:59 AM

805 posts, read 2,115,734 times
Landlords will expect you to find another tenant or pay the rent. I don't know what Bozzuto's policy is but if you find another tenant that meets their standards then I would think that they would rent the apartment to them. Probably charge you a fee for the extra paper work but that seems understandable to me.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:25 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j236 View Post
I am not speaking of just breaking a lease for the heck of it. there are circumstances when people have to relocate for a job or family. Most landlords will try to rent the unit out for you so you are not out of any additional funds. Bozzuto does not offer this option they want you to repay all concessions and then they rent out the unit so in a sense it is "double dipping". Along with paying back all concessions you also have to pay them I believe one or two months rent and then they will settle for you. I personally know people that have rented from Bozzuto and had to leave the area for reasons beyond their control I mean you are talking 3000 to 5000 just to break a lease with them. Maybe you live in a perfect world where nothing ever goes wrong. I do not know that many people who have that kind of money just lying around!!
Whatever reason they are leaving is of little concern, unless there are pressing safety problems. So we can put that to the side.

I see your point though. If the landlord is re-renting the unit for the period that coincides with the promotional free rent period. At best he is entitled to the difference in rents between the new leasee's rent and the non-promotional rate for your lease going forward.

I don't think that is what is happening. They are probably just getting the difference between the promotional rent that you have already paid and the market rent.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:30 AM

74 posts, read 116,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbebo View Post
Hi,

I've tried looking around for this topic, but didn't find it.

So I'll be moving to Baltimore this summer and working at UMD. We have both seen Zenith and liked it. We just have safety concerns.

We have a dog, so we don't know how safe it would be to walk her early in the morning or in the early evenings.

Also, if we have a baby, how safe would it be to be in the area? We got the feeling its not a family friend environment. But its very convenient for me to get to work.

Thanks.

Also, any recommends rental properties in Pikesville or Ellicott city?
You dont get up in anybodys business you be alright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore