Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:29 AM

2 posts, read 4,407 times

Advertisements

PS: In Rodgers Forge, you can walk to the grocery store, a cute coffee shop, delis, two ice cream places, a unique furniture store, three banks, a yoga studio, a great hardware store, and more.

Looks like that link I posted came through weird but if you go to forgeflyer.com and click on the topic "Rodgers Forge" you will see the post about RF vs MW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 09:14 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgersforgian View Post
BTW, if this link does not work for you, go directly to The Forge Flyer and you can locate it easily.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:46 AM

5,328 posts, read 6,019,984 times
Have you considered Anneslie? It's located on the other side of York Rd (from Rodgers Forge). Single family homes with decent sized lots. Mix of generations, Stoneleigh Elementary, friendly neighbors. Within walking distance of necessities, but also has abundant parking. Although there does not appear to be a large number of homes for sale at the present time, you should be able to pick one up for less than $350,000.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:19 AM

11 posts, read 17,468 times
Thank you for all of the advice -

We looked at one home in Anneslie and didn't care for it. As charming as some of the older homes are, we're both somewhat spoiled by modern conveniences like CAC and larger closets. I think that will be huge in RF too, if we decide to go that route - Finding something that has been updated enough. It seems like the homes there are all over the map as far as updates!

Parking is another concern we've had although it seems like it's pretty well mitigated in the areas we're looking at.

You've all brought up so many good points, I'm afraid you haven't made this any easier!

Old 12-30-2011, 01:44 PM

698 posts, read 1,051,816 times
i'll just add my 2 cents worth with a plug for the lake falls area. that area off of falls rd has the advantage of being in the county ( county schools viewed as a plus ) as well as close to mt washington shopping and easy access to downtown. those homes are single houses, all two story i think, with small individual yards, and backing up to lake roland in robert e. lee park. it is a small community but the homes are appealing with, in my mind, an ideal location. i lived about a mile north of this area, on hollins lane, for ten years, and loved the area. you have the trees, grass, and some of the privacy of a suburban location but you are very close to all downtown has to offer, if this is a consideration for you.

i grew up in a neighborhood adjacent to rodgers forge and my husband taught at the school there for ten years. it is also a lovely neighborhood, but a little more congested, in my view.they do have the walkability factor, however.

another development near lake falls- townhomes but newer- is on buckingham manor drive, off lake ave. the homes were built sometime in the 80's and there are only a few of them, but they are spacious, have a/c, and some more "modern" amenities than some of the forge homes have. my guess if few come on the market. they also back up to lake roland and the park

it's an extremely difficult decision i know. i wish you luck.

catsy girl

Old 06-01-2016, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 598 times
My daughter in law is a School teacher and is moving from Mt. Washington to Rogers forge for the great schools. The International elementary (Wellwood) is very good but once you reach Pikesville middle and high schools they fall short of the schools in the Rogers Forge area.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:40 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne Farrand View Post
My daughter in law is a School teacher and is moving from Mt. Washington to Rogers forge for the great schools. The International elementary (Wellwood) is very good but once you reach Pikesville middle and high schools they fall short of the schools in the Rogers Forge area.
Wellwood is in Pikesville not Mt. Washington. Mt. Washington's school is called... The Mount Washington School. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore