Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2007, 11:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,849 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am trying to get an apartment somewhere in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, or possibly Howard County. The big problem is i have a 3 month old Pit Bull puppy. NOone wants to let me bring her. I am familiar with the breed, and the prejudices against them, but my little one is sweet and friendly. I really need to find a place for us to go where she is welcomed, or at least tolerated. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd appreciate any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 11:47 PM

51 posts, read 213,696 times
Contact local animal rescue or pit breeders.
They might know someone who knows someone who will rent to you.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:11 PM

415 posts, read 1,961,456 times
Moderator cut: deleted original post

How mature...

KRH, I am sorry, but I have no suggestions for you other than possibly contacting your local humane society. They may be able to help you. I have a friend who is a Pit Bull Terrier breeder, and I know how wonderful they can be! It's a shame the "media hype" along with some poor high-profile cases have turned the breed into monsters in the eyes of the public.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-04-2007 at 07:44 PM..

Old 09-04-2007, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,849 times
really Flipper.. grow up. Everyone jumps on the ban wagon, saying how evil Pits are. It is really a shame because they can be such good animals if in the right hands. I know that if they get into the wrong hands they can develop bad behaviors. Obviously you've never been close to one, but maybe you should check something out before you say terrible things like that. Honostly, have you ever had a poodle? Ive known several very friendly Pits.. but i have never met a friendly poodle... but that doesn't mean i go around telling people to kill their pets!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:00 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,210,483 times
I would contact this group, they may know or have members who can help you
Pits And Rotts For Life Rescue Inc.
P.O. Box 479
Randallstown, MD 21133
Phone: 443-220-7432
Email: Pitsrotts4life@aol.com

Old 09-04-2007, 08:29 PM

51 posts, read 213,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krh0410 View Post
really Flipper.. grow up. Everyone jumps on the ban wagon, saying how evil Pits are. It is really a shame because they can be such good animals if in the right hands. I know that if they get into the wrong hands they can develop bad behaviors.

I have personally been run, jumped and felled by a pit bull.
And I KNOW it wasn't the dogs fault, it was the miscreants who owned it.
It's all about the owners. Even though Terriers (from pits to jack russells) were trained to go after vermain and be aggressive they can all be well trained.
I've been bitten by scotties and westies, but again it's the owners faulty training to blame.
I never thought I would like toy lap dogs. So many are yappy, nasty little things. Now I know it's because their owners were bitchy.
But then I got my own Pomeranian and figured out toy dogs can be cool and well behaved.
My toy dog does not yelp, nip, bite, bark or act annoying.

I really hope you can find a good home for you and your dog together.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:18 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,210,483 times
I was given another group for you to contact. Thanks Sam I AM... Contact name is Terry..
Majesty Rottweiler Rescue Inc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore