Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 AM

2 posts, read 9,518 times

Advertisements

I recently got a job working for Parkville High. As you can imagine I'm not exactly rolling in green. Im trying to find a safe apartment under $1000 within half an hour of The school. Ideally around $850 with a washer/dryer in unit - wishful thinking.

I did find something that seemed to meet my criteria. Ridge View Apartments on Maidencourt in Rosedale. Looked nice. The apartments are spacious. I get a teacher's discount. However, I went online and saw a lot of negative reviews warning against the property. Not sure what to believe.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm single, only need a small one bedroom pad. Just don't want to feel uncomfortable at night or witness people using/dealing outside. No rats would be a plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,516,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbon123 View Post
I recently got a job working for Parkville High. As you can imagine I'm not exactly rolling in green. Im trying to find a safe apartment under $1000 within half an hour of The school. Ideally around $850 with a washer/dryer in unit - wishful thinking.

I did find something that seemed to meet my criteria. Ridge View Apartments on Maidencourt in Rosedale. Looked nice. The apartments are spacious. I get a teacher's discount. However, I went online and saw a lot of negative reviews warning against the property. Not sure what to believe.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm single, only need a small one bedroom pad. Just don't want to feel uncomfortable at night or witness people using/dealing outside. No rats would be a plus.
Are roommates out of the question? I'd say that's your most cost-effective option. If you are willing to live in the city there's tons of apartments to share with other young folks in Charles Village, which is really not that far from Parkville.

You also might try looking in Hamilton, Lauraville, and Parkville itself.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:46 AM

2 posts, read 9,518 times
I really want to avoid roommates. I'm beyond sick of dealing with them.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:34 AM

1,757 posts, read 5,138,453 times
PM sent

Old 01-10-2012, 09:05 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,900,855 times
Loch Raven Village Apartments used to be super cheap... a lot of college kids, but pretty affordable.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:04 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
You may look into Key Landing in Dundalk. Its a gated community and has a private waterfront with a fishing dock. Washers and dryers are not in each apartment but you can get to them without going outdoors no matter where you live. The rent includes all utilities, as well as the swimming pool and gym on the neighborhood. The part of Dundalk outside the gates can be iffy sometimes, but thats by county standards, not Baltimore City standards. And again its a gated community so crime really isn't a concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: