Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
So i guess Transgender people should not go to the bathroom at all? Very insightful of you.
Whatever. They surely shouldn't try to flirt with someone who's girl can beat their ass. I say it's a wash. The "victim" hit on one of the girls boyfriend and then went in the womens room. The two young women shouldn't have done what they did, but hey, play with fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 07:53 AM

342 posts, read 912,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
The blacks don't like the LGBT community much, and many don't like whites either. Personally I'd be uncomfortable living in an area such as the one around Good Sam, but that's just me. There are certain cultural differences, such as the propensity for black mothers to whale on their children in public, etc, that I personally found bothersome.
"THE BLACKS" don't like the LGBT community! I don't know what your talking about the LGBT community in Baltimore is predominantly African American! if The BLACKS make you uncomfortable then keep out of Baltimore totally and have fun in MT. As a straight Black man I would never hate someone because of their race or sexual preference! And IMO more Black mothers should Whale on there children so the kids don't grow up and whale on you!

Old 01-20-2012, 01:05 PM

569 posts, read 1,442,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorefella View Post
And IMO more Black mothers should Whale on there children so the kids don't grow up and whale on you!
Amen.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:17 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneGrail View Post
eh..I was trying to be generous...but anyways...blue collar or whatever...you get the drift.
Generous by calling it middle "lower" class?

Old 01-23-2012, 06:02 PM

62 posts, read 181,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Yes, but can any of the talk be substantiated with facts? There is far more black-on-black crime.
Yea, but most of the Black on Black crimes is contained in dominantly Black neighborhood.

A White guy living in such a dominantly Black neighborhood where such Black on Black crimes takes place will stand out like a sore thumb and will have a much higher chance of attracting problems. Just ask Howard Stern about this in regards to his childhood.

There are nice, Black neighborhoods....I'm not talking about those.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,510,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZT1911 View Post
A White guy living in such a dominantly Black neighborhood where such Black on Black crimes takes place will stand out like a sore thumb and will have a much higher chance of attracting problems. Just ask Howard Stern about this in regards to his childhood.
As much as I trust Howard Stern a source of all information, I wonder: Do you have any direct experience? I have plenty, and I've never been a target.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 PM

62 posts, read 181,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
As much as I trust Howard Stern a source of all information, I wonder: Do you have any direct experience? I have plenty, and I've never been a target.
Well if you want to go on personal experience, then as an Asian who've lived in many major cities in the US for over 30 years, I've had a lot more problems with Black people than with Whites. Sure, trashy people are trashy people...but trashy Whites seems to cause much less problems.

In poor Black neighborhoods, someone usually have something to say when I happen to be there...(not always, but often enough) while it rarely happens in a poor White neighborhood. I'm sure most of the Blacks there are nice people, just that the small number of rotten apples creates a big impact.

If you live in a higher income or higher real estate valued area, then there should be less knuckleheads of any color....so no worries there.

But I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be more weary around a bad neighborhood, which usually means a Black or Latino one. There are bad areas with bad Asians too, but there aren't enough Asians around for it to be that significant.

I used to be highly active in a Black church that sponsored our ministry right inside their own church in Riverdale, MD and I was water baptized in Black Pentecostal church in NE DC, so I don't think I'm racist or such....just trying to be as truthful as possible.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 PM

66 posts, read 114,679 times
21239... Loch Raven near Northern Pkwy/Alameda?

I lived in White Marsh, a few blocks from Franklin Square, for about 20 years. It is a safer area, no offense to Loch Raven. As far as Loch Raven, the areas near Morgan State etc. are pretty decent.

You probably won't have any problems if that's where you choose to live, just my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore