Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 01:27 AM

19 posts, read 53,242 times

Advertisements

I can vouch for this area as I have a property in this same area of Arbutus, I found two single family homes for $175k. Check the link below.....

4317 Highview Ave, Baltimore, MD 21229 MLS# bc7750291 - Zillow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 06:49 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times
I like Owning Mills and Pikesville. You can get a house for 150,000 in Pikesville and the crime rate is low. See below.

729 Templecliff Rd Baltimore MD - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #BC7640307 - Realtor.com®

Old 02-18-2012, 07:51 AM

61 posts, read 150,382 times
Thanks for the continued posts, everyone. We appreciate it! We are scheduled to look at a few homes this afternoon with our realtor. We'll be looking at one in Pikesville, one in Overlea/Nottingham, and several in Parkville. I will report back on if we found anything that we are going to pursue further!

By the way, does anyone have experience in negotiating a home purchase for a property in pre-foreclosure? One of our friends' brother and sister-in-law are going through a messy divorce, and their nice home just began the foreclosure process (they moved out last weekend). The home's value online is about $60k higher than our budget, but I'm wondering if this is a great time to get "more house for less money"?

Old 02-18-2012, 07:52 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
Have you looked at Linthicum? It gets recommended on these boards a lot. We looked there and it is very cute and has the light rail access.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
Have you looked at Linthicum? It gets recommended on these boards a lot. We looked there and it is very cute and has the light rail access.
I've heard good things about Linthicum too. We haven't found anything we like through searching though (this was the only listing in our price range on Trulia, and it's not for us: 702 North Hammonds Ferry Road, Linthicum MD | MLS# AA7764978 - Trulia)

Old 02-20-2012, 07:37 AM

Just a quick update of our home search on Saturday -- one of the eight homes we viewed was beautiful and really well-maintained. Everything seemed great until I looked up the area (Belmar, MD) in www.crimereports.com. It appears that Belmar is essentially a haven for sex offenders. :-(

Has anyone here ever lived in the Belmar area? Maybe I'm wrong? The street we looked on (Springwood Ave) seemed to be a really nice, quiet neighborhood (nice cars, nice yards, the whole nine yards) so discovering this news was really disappointing.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:30 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennStater818 View Post
Thanks for the continued posts, everyone. We appreciate it! We are scheduled to look at a few homes this afternoon with our realtor. We'll be looking at one in Pikesville, one in Overlea/Nottingham, and several in Parkville. I will report back on if we found anything that we are going to pursue further!

By the way, does anyone have experience in negotiating a home purchase for a property in pre-foreclosure? One of our friends' brother and sister-in-law are going through a messy divorce, and their nice home just began the foreclosure process (they moved out last weekend). The home's value online is about $60k higher than our budget, but I'm wondering if this is a great time to get "more house for less money"?
I hope by its "value online" you don't mean from zillow.

It doesn't sound like the house is on the market? If they knew they were going to go into foreclosure and wanted to do something besides walk away from the house wouldn't they have tried to put it on the market, even if it was a short sale?

Old 02-20-2012, 05:54 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I like Owning Mills and Pikesville. You can get a house for 150,000 in Pikesville and the crime rate is low. See below.

729 Templecliff Rd Baltimore MD - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #BC7640307 - Realtor.com®
This is right around the corner from where I used to live. Cute area.

I'm very happy in Owings Mills. We just bought in Dec.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:11 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
This is right around the corner from where I used to live. Cute area.

I'm very happy in Owings Mills. We just bought in Dec.
Congratulations!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 AM

16 posts, read 52,118 times
Hi pennstater just curious if you have any updates. My price range is about yours and I was looking in the same eastern areas as you (nottingham, parkville, Perry hall etc) but am seeing the same issues as you (crime rays, sex offenders). Just curious how your search was going our if you found anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore