Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 03:04 PM

125 posts, read 286,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
ALL they did was punch and kick him?
They also dry raped him and stripped off his clothes.

Had this been males doing it to a female, the charges of rape (yes, dry humping is rape) and sexual assault would have been added.

The problem in this case is that the victim doesn't remember any of it happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 03:06 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
NO of course they are not. But facts are facts dont ask me to get into a deep explanation as to why - the twns who set a dog on fire got off with a mostly black jury and the black who ran down two teenaged girls got off with a mostly black jury as well. Just two recent examples - what am I supposed to take away from those incidents ?
That those are two separate situations out of millions and have nothing to do with one another. I am black and if I was on that jury they would be 100% guilty just off of the information that has come out. You make it seem as though all black people think the same..

Old 05-11-2012, 03:48 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,595,746 times
Quote:
If this goes to a jury forget it they will all get off. Black jurors won't care about a white boy being assualted/robbed by their kin folk. There is plenty of precedent for that.

Have you ever served on a jury in Baltimore City? Every time I have, the jury is almost equally divided between black and white with a few others.
I think you are making a big assumption here. Every black person I spoke with about this incident was just as offended as any one else. Which is why I also am not sure this was a hate crime. If that was a black guy drunk on his ass, I'm not sure the same thing would have happened.

Does all this make it sound like I am forgiving? No. What they did was wrong and they should accept the punishment.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:22 PM

65 posts, read 99,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
That those are two separate situations out of millions and have nothing to do with one another. I am black and if I was on that jury they would be 100% guilty just off of the information that has come out. You make it seem as though all black people think the same..
No I don't believe all blacks think the same. ITs the culture that exists within a certain black segment in Baltimore that I have a problem with. Do not cooperate with the police and ***** about them constantly and let off all blacks when you are on a jury. I wouldnt think you have anymore in common with them then I have with white trash whites. Who I grew up amongst and would sterilize everyone of them if i could.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:33 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
No I don't believe all blacks think the same. ITs the culture that exists within a certain black segment in Baltimore that I have a problem with. Do not cooperate with the police and ***** about them constantly and let off all blacks when you are on a jury. I wouldnt think you have anymore in common with them then I have with white trash whites. Who I grew up amongst and would sterilize everyone of them if i could.
Are you reading what you are writing? You are making blanket statements about black people. So what if there is a culture of black people that are as you described does that mean that EVERY black person that serves on a jury will be like that. Sounds like what you are saying when you say:

Quote:
If this goes to a jury forget it they will all get off. Black jurors won't care about a white boy being assualted/robbed by their kin folk. There is plenty of precedent for that.
What other conclusion are we supposed to draw about you?

Old 05-11-2012, 05:56 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,513,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post

What other conclusion are we supposed to draw about you?
Exactly.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:03 AM

21 posts, read 32,473 times
Quote:
Baltimore videotaped beating case cuts charges - baltimoresun.com

SHOCK! Yes lets sweep this right under the rug and ignore the fact that it was a hate crime, just imagine if the races were reversed !
True, there are times where people see an outsider and pick on them. It could very well be a hate crime but because no one is sure its because he's white and not because the poor guy probably looked "out of place", they can't charge those losers smh

Old 05-12-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
NO of course they are not. But facts are facts dont ask me to get into a deep explanation as to why - the twns who set a dog on fire got off with a mostly black jury and the black who ran down two teenaged girls got off with a mostly black jury as well. Just two recent examples - what am I supposed to take away from those incidents ?
I can't blame you for your reasoning, but I must challenge it. There a hundreds of cases in the city with all ethnic groups, but the media here seems to pick the most pathetic ones and ones that involve Black people. So I know, you and others watch this and draw fair conclusions based on what you've seen, but you have to take into account the media's
role.

Also, i encourage you to look past the ethnicity of the jurors. It could very well be their socio-economic backgrounds that influences their decision. I think your physical environment, educational attainment and awareness (or lack thereof) says more about why the jurors voted than their race.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 AM

65 posts, read 99,901 times
I'm not politically correct, I am honest and call things as they are. Sometimes the truth hurts and people get upset and attack me. It won't stop me from speaking the truth.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I'm not politically correct, I am honest and call things as they are. Sometimes the truth hurts and people get upset and attack me. It won't stop me from speaking the truth.
Well I don't think that anyone should be attacked because of their opinions. I think that if you choose to stereotype the jurors' because they're Black instead of other things in their background (class, education etc.), you are more likely to get attacked. Assuming that Black people in general make "bad" decisions is just the same as assuming White people are purposefully "racist" and politically incorrect. Its 2012, we have to get over stereotypes and using race as a sole reason for people's actions and thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore