Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 08:54 AM

3 posts, read 3,782 times

Advertisements

Hi, My Dad and I will be in town for an Orioles game on Friday June 22nd. We get into town around noon and the game is at 7:00. We were thinking about possibly hitting the Aquarium or Science Center at the inner Inner Harbor (any other suggestions are welcome), and then grabbing dinner before the game.

We are looking for a good place that allows casual dress (shorts, baseball game attire) and isn't too far from the stadium. Any type of food would be fine.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,294,323 times
Most places around Power Plant near the Aquarium will serve you in casual attire. Houlihans, Pot Belly Sandwich Works, etc are all right there. If you want to walk a little further, there are a few places in Little Italy that would work well. Maybe try Chazz's, a Bronx Original on Aliceanna st. Also within walking distance.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:37 AM

Thanks. We will have a car so we can drive too. Walking distance is nice though. Don't have to worry about parking.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:39 PM

89 posts, read 208,236 times
Federal Hill is within walking distance and has plenty of options. I'd recommend Bluegrass or Rowhouse Grille. Both are casual. Or if you want a more casual, sports bar type of atmosphere I would recommend Mother's or Magerk's.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,992,889 times
My vote goes for Miss Shirley's in the Inner Harbor.

Miss Shirley's Cafe - Baltimore's Best Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch Miss Shirley's Cafe - Baltimore's Best Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch

If you want to walk around Federal Hill, my next choice is Mr. Rain's Fun House. It's inside the Museum of Industry on the top floor. It's one of my favorite unusual dining spots....plus they always have a $20 three course meal for lunch.

Food | Mr. Rain's Fun House at The American Visionary Art Museum (AVAM) in Baltimore, MD

Save room for food at the game! Orioles stadium has such great eats too!

Old 06-06-2012, 10:33 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times
I would vote for Mekong Delta cafe. The place is out of this world and always busy during lunch and dinner hours. Nothing fancy and just amazing food for low prices. Consistently ranked as one of the best restaurants in Baltimore too.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:23 AM

866 posts, read 2,628,842 times
I'm not sure about ball game attire at Chazz or Bluegrass, and Potbelly and Houlihans are chains. I strongly recommend Federal Hill, especially Mother's, Magerk's, Ropewalk, or Ryleigh's. There are many other options in that neighborhood, too.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:01 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,294,323 times
Ballgame attire seems to be ok at Chazz, I've seen it. I know the others are chains, but they are next to the aquarium, which is someplace they said they wanted to go, so in the interest of time, I suggested them. The Science center is in the opposite direction, so yeah, if they went that way instead, then Federal Hill would be a better choice, though finding all those might be hard. I'd go to Mother's as well, as it's Sports oriented.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:23 PM

3 posts, read 4,810 times
If you don't mind casual pub food and want some drinks before the game... hot dogs, hamburgers etc. Then Pickles Pub is the place to go. Lots of fan attend before the games and it's 1$ beers on gameday.
Also with regard to food, nothing beats Maryland crab and if you don't mind taking a $5-10 cab fare L.P Steamers is near the stadium and an awesome place for Maryland Crab. It's essentially peel and eat, and takes a while to do (1.5 hours or b/c crab takes a while to eat) but definitely a very enjoyable experience and something unique to Baltimore (sit on the upper deck at L.P.'s if you can).

The aquarium is an awesome spectacle and totally worth seeing if you enjoy viewing sea creatures, but admission is costlier than the science center. The Science center is very cool but definitely catered to a younger crowd, 13 or younger I'd say.

Enjoy

Old 06-10-2012, 02:40 PM

Thanks so much everyone! Lots of options!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: