Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 AM

49 posts, read 86,832 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a hookah bar in Baltimore (city or county) that has good quality hookah and a decent atmosphere? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 09:19 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,900,139 times
There is 3 in federal hill, all on Light St. Two are just north of cross st., blanking on the name, and HomeSlyce on the 1700 block has hookahs available for the outdoor seating....may just be weekends though.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:40 PM

4 posts, read 26,605 times
There's one in the heart of Towson on 508 York Rd called "Ice Hookah", right near the Recher Theatre. It's the only I've ever been to, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it was decent. They seem to pop up a lot around colleges, since you only need to be 18 to go to a hookah lounge vs. 21 for a bar.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:48 PM

759 posts, read 1,356,815 times
Don't mean to sound like an old fuddy duddy, but what exactly goes on at a hookah bar? I've seen them pop up-there's a new one in NE on Harford Rd. Is it just tobacco in the pipes? What's the fun of that? How do they get around Maryland's stringent "no smoking in public places" regulations? What's the attraction? Am I missing something here?

Old 07-10-2012, 07:19 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,513,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rth1252 View Post
There's one in the heart of Towson on 508 York Rd called "Ice Hookah", right near the Recher Theatre. It's the only I've ever been to, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it was decent. They seem to pop up a lot around colleges, since you only need to be 18 to go to a hookah lounge vs. 21 for a bar.
Pretty sure that one is closed.

There's a Middle Eastern restaurant on Eastern in Highlandtown that has one upstairs, though I can't remember the name.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:54 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,900,139 times
Here are the two in Fed Hill.

Arabian Nights

Arabian Nights - Federal Hill - Baltimore, MD

Zeeba Lounge

Welcome to Zeeba Lounge

Old 07-10-2012, 09:50 AM

4 posts, read 11,986 times
Cazbar on N Charles st in Downtown might have Hookah... I saw one there a few months ago. Not sure if it was decorative or not.
http://cazbar.pro/cazbar/cazbar.html

Old 07-10-2012, 07:27 PM

251 posts, read 721,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.K. View Post
Don't mean to sound like an old fuddy duddy, but what exactly goes on at a hookah bar? I've seen them pop up-there's a new one in NE on Harford Rd. Is it just tobacco in the pipes? What's the fun of that? How do they get around Maryland's stringent "no smoking in public places" regulations? What's the attraction? Am I missing something here?
They get around the regulations because smoking is "allowed in facilities of a manufacturer, importer, wholesaler, or distributor of tobacco products or of any tobacco leaf dealer or processor in which employees work or congregate" as well as retailers where the primary product is tobacco.

As to the appeal, I have several friends who used to like hookah bars. The appeal is pretty much that you don't need to be 21 or older. Granted, my friends mostly used hookah as a pre-gaming for somehing of more dubious legality. I don't know anything about the Baltimore scene, but in Boston most hookah bars are chill places to hang out and meet people with a slight hipster slant. I suspect the same is true here, though I think the whole concept has quickly become a lot more mainstream than other "hipster" trends.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:36 PM

2 posts, read 6,049 times
Arabian nights! - 1027 light street. They just won "best hookah bar" 2012 by Baltimore magazine. They are open at 8pm 7 days a week. They carry starbuzz tobacco, highest quality exotic flavors.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:31 AM

2 posts, read 4,884 times
Default Bosphorus Mediterranean bistro is serving fresh pineapple head hookah

Bosphorus Mediterranean bistro is serving fresh pineapple head hookah I swore it is the smoothest and most fruity hookah I have ever smoked they have been opened for 2 months and weekends they have hookah parties and they have best hookah in town fresh fruit head and dry fruit flavors !!!
5716 York road baltimore md 21212

Best place to celebrate birthdays and enjoy with your hookah

Bosphorus Bistro Baltimore – A simple tasty food
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: