Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 11:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,320 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Baltimore in 3 weeks for a job at John Hopkins, I am a female and will be alone so number #1 priority is a safe place and parking must be connected to the building. My price range is 1000-1500 a month, a studio is fine. The closer the better.

Using google I found a few places of interest

In Harbor East I saw the Promenade and Eden had parking that is attached to the building but are pretty pricey.

I also saw Gallery Tower at Mount Vernon but I was not sure if parking was attached and also I called and they told me that the parking garage had a waiting list so I might not even get one.

I read about Charles Towers, I havnt seen the place in person so I am not sure about the parking situation.

Is there any other apartments that have a secured parking lot that is attached to the building itself?

I really appreciate any advice or help I can get.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 12:07 PM

1,759 posts, read 5,128,689 times
There won't be much if anything around the Harbor in your price range unfortunately. Most start in the 2000s. There is a 1 bed in Henderson's Wharf in Fells Point for $1900

Old 09-12-2012, 12:59 PM

1,175 posts, read 2,893,598 times
Check out 1901 South Charles in the Federal Hill area... great new building!

1901 S. Charles Street Apartment Rentals | Luxury Apartment Homes in Federal Hill Area and South Baltimore at 1901 South Charles Street

Old 09-12-2012, 04:07 PM

781 posts, read 1,193,533 times
Check out 39 West Lexington, it's within your price range and parking is available underground. They were also running a no-deposit deal for Hopkins employees a while back.

My building in Mt. Vernon (not sure if you want to be in this area), is also opening another location next month, PM me if you want specific information.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:08 PM

781 posts, read 1,193,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susaro View Post
I am moving to Baltimore in 3 weeks for a job at John Hopkins, I am a female and will be alone so number #1 priority is a safe place and parking must be connected to the building.
Oh and, it's JohnS Hopkins. People are cranky about that kinda thing around here.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 PM

65 posts, read 158,454 times
Yeah, Harbor East is expensive. That's probably stretching your budget.

The Mount Vernon buildings are probably nice; I'm not as familiar with those. Off of the top of my head, there are a bunch of fairly expensive ones like the Symphony or whatever it's called, and then there are a couple of buildings on Park Ave that seem nice. The downtown Charles Plaza apartments (39 West Lex, Park Charles, Charles Towers) are in a safe location. There's also a bunch off of Howard St., but I wouldn't feel as safe at those.

When I was looking into moving to Baltimore, checking out apartmentratings.com helped a lot. Nearly all of the large apartment buildings (the ones that would have attached parking garages) are rated.

Baltimore Apartments for Rent - Baltimore Apartments Reviews and Ratings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: