Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:53 AM
LRG

74 posts, read 111,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasReeves View Post
It's specific anecdotes like this I am glad people are sharing. Yes, like the previous poster said - it is 2013 (not the 1960's), and things in general are much much better compared that era (especially in large cities). It's a good point. That being said, I only posed my original question because there are other cities and areas / neighborhoods in them I have visited with my wife in the last 5 years where you can feel and know you're being treated different. Since Baltimore has so many diverse and different neighborhoods (and is block to block, street to street from what others have told me) It's helpful to gather as much intelligence as possible from those who've lived in the area or who've had similar experiences. It's just an innocent question similar to asking about crime or quality of living in certain areas in the sense that you're just gathering intelligence and data.
Dallas, I think you and your wife would like Mount Vernon. Gay, straight, young, old, nice mix of everyone. Good shops, good eating, walkable and astounding architecture. When I move it's my preferred neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 05:33 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,480,512 times
I agree. Mount Vernon is a great place to live and it is quite beautiful.

I am watching the story of the Lovings. The went to the Supreme court to be able to live together as man and wife in the state of Virgina. What a love story.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:33 AM

158 posts, read 216,568 times
Yes, you will get some hositililty from AA men in bmore. When I was shopping for rowhouses near Carol and Wash blvd, I got alot of staredowns from th locals because my realtor was pretty hot AA woman. How would they have behaved if we were holding hands. This was last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore