Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,696 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I'm sure I can find some great advice here as I have been reading the threads. This is my situation......I currently live in a garage apartment next to my ex husband (yes, it's uncomfortable) until our property settlement in October. I'm 53 and trying to decide where I should move. I live in Delaware about 2 hours from my sister right now. Since I don't have children I would like to live closer to her and her family. She has an 18 yo granddaughter who lives in Parkville that I'm fairly close to. I work at a local college and am considered a Maryland state employee. My issue is that I have pets. I am very compassionate about my animals and must have a decent place for them (pet door and fenced yard). I would like an area that has somewhat of a rural feel to it as I currently live in the woods on 2 acres. I certainly don't need or want that much land where I move. I am totally unconcerned about having a new home and would prefer one that needed some TLC. I am ok with a fixer upper as long as it is structurally sound, plumbing and electric are good, roof is good, etc. Paint, carpet, new cabinets, and so on is not my concern. I am so confused as to what area I should look. I would like to be no more than a 30 minute drive from my sister in Catonsville (I know traffic can upset that 30 minute thing). ANY advice at all would be greatly appreciated since October will be here soon. I also enjoy the nightlife on weekends. Heavy metal is my love and I enjoy dancing to live music. Who knows I may meet someone who matches my lifestyle. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 01:23 PM

1,831 posts, read 4,438,732 times
Why not look right in Catonsville? It is not rural, but there are parts that are somewhat woodsy, such as in the Rolling Road area.

Ellicott City may be worth a try as well.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:55 AM

32 posts, read 58,598 times
Check out Relay, which is very close to Catonsville. It's near Patapsco State Park and is pretty woodsy.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:02 AM

32 posts, read 58,598 times
Just did a quick search on Craigslist here's a listing you may want to check out:

Small 1 Bedroom Apartment Historic Relay

One bedroom apartment for rent quietly located on 6.5 acre partially wooded estate on 2nd floor of manor house.

Rent: $685 per month including Heat

Area provides suburban living while conveniently located just minutes from I-95, I-195, and I-895.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore