Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 09:35 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,116,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
DC is the meanest city on the east coast IMO. Everyone has a chip on their shoulder, is elitist, has a serious attitude, and/or are just *******s. Baltimore is a very friendly city.
Black people in DC think they are much better than black people in other parts of the U.S. NYC included. People who work on Capitol Hill are arrogant and elitist because they work for Senator So and So.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 10:54 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,975,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
People talk about Baltimore being so friendly.. Where do they get this stuff from?? Baltimore is not a friendly town in my humble opinion.
Okay, now I understand the Uncle Ruckus thing folks say about you.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:05 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,518,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Black people in DC think they are much better than black people in other parts of the U.S. NYC included. People who work on Capitol Hill are arrogant and elitist because they work for Senator So and So.
Yep. I mean I have no choice but to love DC since it's my hometown but it is what it is, DC ppl can be real petty, especially the black people. In Baltimore I could walk past a group of dudes and they mind their business but in DC they look at you up and down like they wanna jump you.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:45 PM

74 posts, read 121,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
The city needs therapist, an economist, real politicians and etc..

Nice guys finish last!!
Thank you! I've always said that the number one problem with the City of Baltimore are the PEOPLE! Worse group of people I have seen in the US, and I have visited at least 25-30 cities in the US. The values that this city holds, the culture, the environment it's created is something for anyone with a degree and half a brain to be absolutely disgusted with.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:05 PM

10,084 posts, read 9,863,033 times
I drove around the city for a little while today, and I must say, the city is looking and acting a lot better. Locust Point (which is basically an extension of Fed Hill) is a very nice lively area. Downtown was filled with people, Mount Vernon was filled with people walking around. Not one thug, or boarded up building in sight. Canton, Fells Point, and Harbor East is always busy, so no need to eleborate on those places.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:08 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,478,144 times
Quote:
DC is the meanest city on the east coast IMO. Everyone has a chip on their shoulder, is elitist, has a serious attitude, and/or are just *******s. Baltimore is a very friendly city.
I don't know what part of DC you've been too, but it's not that at all. Baltimore is a friendly city as well. Growing up in DC I see it much different than folks that didn't.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,478,144 times
Quote:
Yep. I mean I have no choice but to love DC since it's my hometown but it is what it is, DC ppl can be real petty, especially the black people. In Baltimore I could walk past a group of dudes and they mind their business but in DC they look at you up and down like they wanna jump you.
I guess I am biased but I love my city. DC has done a complete 360 in the last ten years, but it always feels like home in spite of all the 'newer' residents. I never feel uncomfortable there.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:49 AM

775 posts, read 1,776,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
I drove around the city for a little while today, and I must say, the city is looking and acting a lot better. Locust Point (which is basically an extension of Fed Hill) is a very nice lively area. Downtown was filled with people, Mount Vernon was filled with people walking around. Not one thug, or boarded up building in sight. Canton, Fells Point, and Harbor East is always busy, so no need to eleborate on those places.
Can you pass that map out so we can all "drive around" the city and miss all the real neighborhoods? Next time you're driving through Canton, take a left and go up to North Belnord St. How about North Patterson Park Ave? Swing on over to North Caroline St. next time you're in Harbor East. Then come back and tell me if you enjoy the liveliness of those neighborhoods.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:34 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,371,560 times
Some DC/PG County Blacks are better than Baltimore Blacks. That is just my opinion.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:35 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,371,560 times
So?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: