Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 03:30 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times

Advertisements

I really enjoyed my visit to Baltimore in May this year. The layout is really unique and appealing, you have some beautiful architecture, good transit, and that Visionary Art Museum is fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 08:09 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,488,458 times
That the people of Baltimore have pride in their city, no matter what I think or anyone else thinks. That's real.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:56 AM

926 posts, read 1,256,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Most whites in the drug trade in Baltimore are located in her outlying suburban communities. I used to live in Harford County. Some of Maryland's biggest dealers, designers, growers and distributors are white and live in these communities.

This is a LIE! Stop the madness already.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 AM

8,242 posts, read 13,360,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
This is a LIE! Stop the madness already.

LOL...I dunno.. how many marijuana farms have been found in the City? The backyard of a west baltimore rowhouse or one of those urban hoop farms is not the ideal growing place since your crop would walk away.. literally.. A basement could yield a small crop if you have the equipment.... Maybe there are probably a few acres tucked away along the Gwynn Falls or in Druid Hill Park somewhere that are being harvested by rouge City Police, DPW, and Rec and Parks Staff.

Meth is probably more likely in the Counties.....

This is why baltimore is charming or maybe we are just charmed... arguing over what race sells the most drugs though clearly we all have plenty of consumers.....Lol.... Classic Baltimore...

Old 08-05-2013, 05:32 AM

775 posts, read 1,785,146 times
What surprises me is the number of people who think Baltimore is charming don't live in Baltimore. The comments come from Vermont to Pittsburgh to Chicago to Philly. Wake up every morning in Baltimore. Park your car every night on the street in Baltimore. Take a walk on a cool night on the street in Baltimore. Before i lived here, I thought Baltimore was charming too. I came to the city once or twice a year to visit Little Italy, Oriole Park, Science Center, and Aquarium. No I live in one of the better neighborhoods (supposedly) amongst the trash strewn streets, continual vehicle break-ins, prostitutes screaming at customers, street robberies, etc. My Community Association routinely posts Crime Alerts on Facebook to alert community members that another of our neighbors has been robbed or assualted. This is all so charming, I can barely stomach it.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 AM

12 posts, read 23,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbers101 View Post
Everything....EXCEPT the scumbag people. Face it, if you replaced the locals with professionals, hard working immigrants, college students, and a govt that catered to them...it would be an amazing place. They would work to add a good public transportation system, the skyline would have about 10 - 15 more tall buildings, there would be several options of places to live in, several good neighborhoods to visit, etc. The only thing that holds this city back are the people....the ones that live here, and the ones they elect.
Then it wouldn't exactly be Baltimore, would it? Stop trying to make Baltimore something its not. Yes Baltimoreans aren't exactly the friendliest, but neither are most cities. Yes there are a lot of projects and rough areas but that's Baltimore.

As for charming qualities, Every town has some of those, you just have to look. Ever watch the Wire? Now that's good television!

In short, if you don't like Baltimore, stop complaining and leave! As for the locals, that you want to kick out, most of them will never have the opportunity to leave. They are indeed stuck here, your not.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:24 PM

26 posts, read 34,900 times
Anyone trying to make the argument that the majority of murder is being caused by anyone other than blacks in certain socioeconomic statuses is either daft or an apologist.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:24 PM

64 posts, read 123,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie woof View Post
Anyone trying to make the argument that the majority of murder is being caused by anyone other than blacks in certain socioeconomic statuses is either daft or an apologist.

You hit the nail on the head with this one.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:17 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Always preferred Mobtown to Charm City.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:32 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times
Eff pride when people are effed up on drugs, poor nutrition, low education and knowledge skills, dysfunctional family structure, low wage jobs, deplorable housing, negative and self-destructive social behavior, decadent cultural lifestyles and etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by choccity View Post
That the people of Baltimore have pride in their city, no matter what I think or anyone else thinks. That's real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore