Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 05:11 AM

1,973 posts, read 6,810,192 times

Advertisements

Augie -- Don't worry, Baltimore is good and exciting. Just get to know your neighbors, involve yourself in your community, whether it's the Creative Alliance Creative Alliance at The Patterson, art, humanities and community education in Baltimore, Maryland. or Jim Kraft's Democratic Club United Democratic Club
Go to Sophia's Place Deli & Bakery in the north shed of Broadway Market for outstanding Polish cold cuts; H&S factory store around the corner which sells an incredible array of breads, all baked by John Paterakis' giant bakeries. If you are so inclined, experts tell me that all kinds of participation sports occur at that adult theater on Broadway. Similarly, there is a head shop (that's what they used to be called) on Broadway if you need screens and other smoking implements.
Particularly if you know some Spanish, a totally different world opens up to you. There are some wonderful bodegas in the southeast. You will soon learn that it's possible to ride a charter bus from Baltimore to Mexico through one of those places. Takes a couple of days; the experience will undoubtedly last for a lifetime.
Treat the whole Southeast Baltimore as a time capsule to be treasured, because the relics of old times ain't gonna last much longer. Like the picture of Franklin Delano Roosevelt behind the cash register at Venice Bar on Conkling Street. Not to be missed is the new Southeast regional library at Conkling and Eastern Avenue. Have fun.

Last edited by barante; 11-16-2007 at 06:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 06:59 AM

258 posts, read 1,011,557 times
Councilman Kraft has been very helpful to our school on Patterson Park. The Patterson Park area is simply fantastic. Like barante said...the whole SE Baltimore area is full of fun and crazy stuff to do and see.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:03 PM

171 posts, read 622,189 times
Smile Leaving for Baltimore this Monday...

Our settlement is on Wednesday (11/19). Whoopee!!! Can't wait to start seeing Baltimore as a resident. I have lived in Spain and Puerto Rico and speak native-level Spanish , so I will be able to enjoy the Hispanic side of things the city has to offer. I've sort of had my fill of Southwest Florida where I have lived for the past 5 years since my retirement as a school administrator from North Jersey. Too many old people, like me, in Florida !!! At least I ride a Harley...

I'm so happy to hear some positive things instead of "all the doom and gloom" so prevalent in many of the postings. I hope the +++ outweigh the ---. The new digs are nice and my daughter is excited about starting her PGY-2,3,4 at JHH.

I'm starting to feel from the postings here that we made a good choice in buying in Patterson Park. We want to be good neighbors, contributing members of the community, and just feel good. See you soon. Augie

Old 11-18-2007, 08:00 AM

258 posts, read 1,011,557 times
Augie,

I sent you a "direct message" regarding a local school near you. Let me know if you did not get it.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:06 AM

915 posts, read 3,181,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Our settlement is on Wednesday (11/19). Whoopee!!! Can't wait to start seeing Baltimore as a resident. I have lived in Spain and Puerto Rico and speak native-level Spanish , so I will be able to enjoy the Hispanic side of things the city has to offer. I've sort of had my fill of Southwest Florida where I have lived for the past 5 years since my retirement as a school administrator from North Jersey. Too many old people, like me, in Florida !!! At least I ride a Harley...

I'm so happy to hear some positive things instead of "all the doom and gloom" so prevalent in many of the postings. I hope the +++ outweigh the ---. The new digs are nice and my daughter is excited about starting her PGY-2,3,4 at JHH.

I'm starting to feel from the postings here that we made a good choice in buying in Patterson Park. We want to be good neighbors, contributing members of the community, and just feel good. See you soon. Augie
Good luck!

My closing got pushed back till the 29th......

Old 11-19-2007, 08:48 AM

689 posts, read 3,216,641 times
Augie, my hairdresser is Latina - she owns a terrific salon down the street from my cafe. Her name is Fabiola, and the salon is located at 776 Washington Boulevard. She's super nice -- if you're ever on my side of town, stop in. And welcome to Baltimore!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore