Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 12:10 PM

92 posts, read 172,575 times

Advertisements

No, Infinite Heights, there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing an area's social and cultural makeup. But when you say something that is completely false and underdeveloped (like declaring Severna Park is "redneckville"), that's immature. Maybe provide some intelligent insight in to why you feel this way instead of just spitting out random blanket statements that aren't true in the first place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,945 times
well I just don't wanna live in no hood. Some of the apartment I looked up I read reviews on and they said there were roach and mice problems. If I'm paying over 700 there shouldn't be roaches and mice. What the world?

Old 08-07-2013, 02:03 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,076,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaman03 View Post
well I just don't wanna live in no hood. Some of the apartment I looked up I read reviews on and they said there were roach and mice problems. If I'm paying over 700 there shouldn't be roaches and mice. What the world?
Don't like roaches and mice? You most likely wont like much in Baltimore City then, unless your willing to pay a good price for it. On the other hand, it's feasible to live on a property and take very good care of it. Depending on your income, I would look into Owings Mills, Pikesville, upper Park Heights, Towson. In the city, Hampden and probably Camden, Ridgley Delight. But welcome to Bmore were one can pay $1200 a month living on the East side.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:29 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,478,144 times
Justaman03, I have a house that will be available for sale soon. It's in the Loch Raven/Glenoak area which is more North than East Baltimore. Just putting it out there.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:50 AM

148 posts, read 241,071 times
Pasadena is a bit redneck, but so is Essex/Dundalk. Severna Park has a little, Millersville is light industry and suburbs mixed, Hanover/Linthicum is going ghetto, and Glen Burnie is a barrio. If the area around BWI seems country, you're either trolling, or have never left downtown Baltimore.

OP there are many fair to decent places 10-20 mins away from BWI, there are also many crapholes. Due some homework before you pay your money.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:31 PM

1,175 posts, read 2,887,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Don't like roaches and mice? You most likely wont like much in Baltimore City then.
I'll never get the mice/rat obsession. Sure Baltimore has rats, but the burbs have snakes, raccoons, lizards, foxes, mosquitos out the kazoo, moles, beavers, deer. Rats and Mice are really not that big deal in my opinion, I'd be much more freaked out and bothered by many other things crawling around in the burbs and country.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:38 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,478,144 times
There are some very nice apartments and houses near Arundal Mills. Take the Arundal Mills exit off bw parkway and you will see the new hi rise building. There is also some nice houses and I think tow homes in the area. Airport exit is two exits north bound.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:25 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,211,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
...Hanover/Linthicum is going ghetto, and Glen Burnie is a barrio.

Hardly the case.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:20 PM

148 posts, read 241,071 times
Ok, maybe not Linthicum, Should have specified Arundel Mills area of Hanover. Ever since Maryland Live and the MTA (Movin Thugs Around) came to the area, the place is a dump.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:30 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,552,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynch10 View Post
I'll never get the mice/rat obsession. Sure Baltimore has rats, but the burbs have snakes, raccoons, lizards, foxes, mosquitos out the kazoo, moles, beavers, deer. Rats and Mice are really not that big deal in my opinion, I'd be much more freaked out and bothered by many other things crawling around in the burbs and country.

I usually agree with your posts. However, I'll take the snakes, raccoons, lizards, foxes, moles, beavers, and deer. Mice are everywhere so that is not a city-thing.

I know rats are "God's creatures" too. However, I go out of my way to kill one when I see one. I report any influx to Jim Kraft's office which usually gets the quickest response. I also get very upset with the rat's "caretakers"---those folks who put their garbage out to early---never in THEIR yard--always somewhere else in the alley which affects all of us.

What I don't get is the Baltimore plus rats obsession. I've witnessed and dealt with them in every city I've lived in. I kicked a big one to get at some money in an alley in Boston. I learned to spread peanut butter on brillo pads in Milwaukee. I even had one run by me in a theater in New York. They are an urban menace---any urban area will do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore