Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 01:44 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,212,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmKyle View Post
You didn't help at all.

But thanks to the others for their help! I really appreciate it. Even though the city is known for being dangerous I've always been in love with the city. I come down probably 6 or 7 times each year. There's just such a culture to the city.
Baltimore did re-categorize its violent crime to show "progress" in reducing crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 02:05 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,594,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Baltimore did re-categorize its violent crime to show "progress" in reducing crime.

I'm really curious how the city did that. Could you explain a bit further and give some insight?

Old 09-16-2013, 08:50 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,899,907 times
I've been living in the Federal Hill area for the last 10 years. Overall it is very safe especially compared to other urban neighborhoods around the country. Violent crime in non existent, I don't believe there has been a shooting here in at least the last five years, maybe ten or much longer. There still is a little bit of drug activity around Heath and Light St but it is quickly evaporating and the people involved are harmless. There is the occasional robbery and cars are broken into some times but with about 25,000 people living on the peninsula, the percentage of people who become a victim of a robbery or car break in is very low.

I've never once felt uncomfortable or unsafe and I walk my dog very late at night sometimes. One of the great things about the area is the level of communication between the Southern police department, the neighborhoods associations and the residents. Whenever a crime happens here, the person is typically caught and caught quickly thanks to everyone working together. Since the area is also on Peninsula there are few ways on and a few ways off, so it's not the type of area that gets pass through crime.

It's a great area, and having a parking spot will make your life much easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: