Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 04:15 PM

36 posts, read 86,498 times

Advertisements

I'm visiting Baltimore this weekend and I have been going to this city since I was born but never actually gone without my aunt who has lived here her whole life. I know the city very well but I'm going with a couple friends so I just want to be aware while I'm down there. Also, I'm from western ny (Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse) so I'm not a stranger to run down areas haha

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 04:21 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
They are probably the better areas of the city. In those areas you will be fine. There is a increase in crime, so just use a bit of common sense. (watch your surroundings, etc)

Old 09-13-2013, 04:22 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,645 times
Default Ever see the Wire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmKyle View Post
I'm visiting Baltimore this weekend and I have been going to this city since I was born but never actually gone without my aunt who has lived here her whole life. I know the city very well but I'm going with a couple friends so I just want to be aware while I'm down there. Also, I'm from western ny (Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse) so I'm not a stranger to run down areas haha

Thanks for your help!
Some stand up written from reality.

Baltimore’s a sweet place to live.
Charm City. Yeah (dreamily)
After all, Baltimore IS the city by the sea.
But, living in Baltimore is a little different.*
What can I say?*
Pause
High crime area. They say.
They are working on it.
I heard they have reduced the numbers of* maimings and murders in the city for the first time.*
Pause
They now are calling them "self inflicted."* Victimless crimes, I understand.
Pause
I understand not all those cases have been closed, tho’.*
Pause
Cause, they are still searching for the heads.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:22 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,104,726 times
Just get off the streets by dark and you will be ok.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Some stand up written from reality.

Baltimore’s a sweet place to live.
Charm City. Yeah (dreamily)
After all, Baltimore IS the city by the sea.
But, living in Baltimore is a little different.*
What can I say?*
Pause
High crime area. They say.
They are working on it.
I heard they have reduced the numbers of* maimings and murders in the city for the first time.*
Pause
They now are calling them "self inflicted."* Victimless crimes, I understand.
Pause
I understand not all those cases have been closed, tho’.*
Pause
Cause, they are still searching for the heads.
You didn't help at all.

But thanks to the others for their help! I really appreciate it. Even though the city is known for being dangerous I've always been in love with the city. I come down probably 6 or 7 times each year. There's just such a culture to the city.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:34 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
The areas in question are safe. There are plenty of people out and about day and night.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:59 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,992,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmKyle View Post
You didn't help at all.

But thanks to the others for their help! I really appreciate it. Even though the city is known for being dangerous I've always been in love with the city. I come down probably 6 or 7 times each year. There's just such a culture to the city.
If you've been here that many times, I think you should know what to expect. Enjoy yourself, and try to swing by Hampdenfest tomorrow!

Hampdenfest 2013

Old 09-13-2013, 05:10 PM

3 posts, read 8,384 times
Those areas are fine. I'm a petite woman and I've lived in the Fells Point area for 4 years and I have never felt not safe (this coming from someone who's lived in NYC during the rougher years, Philly during the rougher years, and Washington during the rougher years). Someone may try to snatch your cell phone if you're waving it around or completely engrossed playing Candy Crush, but you're more likely to run into a pole or step in dog crap if you're not paying attention, so there are plenty of other reasons to just keep your head up and look around.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
If you've been here that many times, I think you should know what to expect. Enjoy yourself, and try to swing by Hampdenfest tomorrow!

Hampdenfest 2013
yeah I figured they were all okay. I was really just looking for feedback to reassure myself I guess. But I walked from Fells point to the under armour store and then to the inner harbour around dusk about 3 weeks ago and was fine. So I don't expect to have any problems. Thanks though!

Old 09-13-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post

Hampdenfest 2013
And I'll definitely stop by tomorrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: