Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 04:45 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,422,588 times

Advertisements

It's self explanatory! This is Baltimore, not Boston. Entirely 2 different of vibes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAL View Post
What's that suppose to mean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 11:35 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,991,475 times
I'm from Boston originally, and I love Baltimore.

Old 12-25-2013, 06:41 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,050 times
Can't go wrong with Upper Park Heights. The Jewish folks take care of their area with quality businesses. Locust Point is also a nice option. I personally love Reservoir Hill and Druid Hill Park.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:11 AM

129 posts, read 163,210 times
James777 pretty much summed up almost all the nice neighborhoods in Baltimore. I'd also add Lake Walker to his list. You will have to provide more info for the list to be cut down some.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:10 PM

453 posts, read 632,058 times
Hmmm. I'm curious: If I were to put up a few links to the neighborhoods/suburbs where I've most enjoyed living in other cities, would people here be willing to take a look and then match them up with what's similar in and around Baltimore? I will note that school quality is not an issue as I do not have children. I'm single, female, middle-aged (with a younger vibe) and enjoy an active social life.

Places I've enjoyed living or spending appreciable time in:

Lakewood, Ohio (an inner-ring suburb of Cleveland)
Coventry Village (a Cleveland neighborhood where I have friends)
Mount Lookout (a Cincinnati neighborhood where I lived for a couple of years)
The Gaslight District (a Cincinnati neighborhood, in the nice part of Clifton near the University of Cincinnati)

If this is too much trouble, I'll completely understand. But for those willing to take a look, it might also prove enjoyable in terms of seeing the differences and similarities between cities.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:45 PM

I lived in Reservior Hill on Eutaw Place. I was bored! Upper Park Heighs..it's ok, but still very Jewish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Can't go wrong with Upper Park Heights. The Jewish folks take care of their area with quality businesses. Locust Point is also a nice option. I personally love Reservoir Hill and Druid Hill Park.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:52 PM

580 posts, read 777,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kineticity View Post
Hmmm. I'm curious: If I were to put up a few links to the neighborhoods/suburbs where I've most enjoyed living in other cities, would people here be willing to take a look and then match them up with what's similar in and around Baltimore? I will note that school quality is not an issue as I do not have children. I'm single, female, middle-aged (with a younger vibe) and enjoy an active social life.

Places I've enjoyed living or spending appreciable time in:

Lakewood, Ohio (an inner-ring suburb of Cleveland)

If this is too much trouble, I'll completely understand. But for those willing to take a look, it might also prove enjoyable in terms of seeing the differences and similarities between cities.
Lakewood is reminds me of the towns on the Route 2 corridor (Glen Burnie to Severna Park, with Severna Park being a bit more Westlake than Lakewood).

Fells is a bigger version of the Warehouse District, Harbor East is like multiple Pinnacle-like buildings with restaurants on the west-edge of the Warehouse District, Federal Hill is a much bigger version of East 4th (complete with relative proximity to the stadiums). Hopkins and CCF are VERY similar (world class medical institutions, bad parts of town). There is also LOTS of East Cleveland you can stumble into.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:02 PM

453 posts, read 632,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeable View Post
Lakewood is reminds me of the towns on the Route 2 corridor (Glen Burnie to Severna Park, with Severna Park being a bit more Westlake than Lakewood).

Fells is a bigger version of the Warehouse District, Harbor East is like multiple Pinnacle-like buildings with restaurants on the west-edge of the Warehouse District, Federal Hill is a much bigger version of East 4th (complete with relative proximity to the stadiums). Hopkins and CCF are VERY similar (world class medical institutions, bad parts of town). There is also LOTS of East Cleveland you can stumble into.
Oh good, someone who knows greater Cleveland. Yay!

Yeah, I'd like to stay away from anything that's like East Cleveland. Harbor East and Fells sound like they're outside both my price range and comfort zone. Federal Hill probably, too.

Glen Burnie and Severna Park, eh? Okay, that gives me some kind of benchmark. The things I've loved most about Lakewood -- which is where I've lived for most of the past 13 years -- is its relative walkability, the fact that rental housing is reasonably-priced compared to many other areas of greater Cleveland, there is a nice amount of green space, no shortage of places to go and things to do, proximity to downtown Cleveland, and the fact that for all of this, Lakewood is relatively quiet and has a real community feel to it. Also, it's a pretty safe area. I have no qualms about walking down my street at 4am alone, despite being a petite woman.

I realize the low likelihood of getting every single thing I'm looking for, but the closer the match, the happier I'll be.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:06 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
I lived in Reservior Hill on Eutaw Place. I was bored! Upper Park Heighs..it's ok, but still very Jewish.
I'm an evil juice so I would fit right in

Old 12-26-2013, 06:50 AM

I have Jews in my direct family! Here in Baltimore and New Jersey. Upper Park Heights, Pikesville is very nice and Jewish. I love seeing Jewish families convene in a manner in which I'd like to see Black families convene and behave. My grandmother owned a house right across the street from Pimilico Race Course. We used to run up and down Rogers Ave. and Park Heights as kids robbing those lost, drunk white people who come trying to buy drugs in our neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore