Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2015, 06:12 PM

675 posts, read 724,538 times

Advertisements

I was watching 60 Minutes just a few minutes ago and they interviewed a Senator, Tom Colburn from the Midwest. He said that he ran for office because he had become increasingly more aware of how politicians have become more concerned about themselves and their image than the people they serve. I had just made almost the same comment about politicians in Baltimore and Maryland. They appear to be more concerned about being on TV and hearing themselves talk than doing what they were put in to office to do, i.e. serve the people they represent. Look at the Mosby, the mayor, Mikulski just to name a few. On the national level we have Obama, who I voted for twice, who is willing to take on health care for illegal immigrants at the tax payers expense. I would see him as a great man if he said I , personally am willing to pay for health care costs for individuals who have never worked a day in their lives including illegal immigrants and locally drug addicts, pregnant teenagers etc. I having been paying $1200 a month for health insurance for a family of four to the point where I am ready to claim bankruptcy and he wants to just give our money away. If that is the case then give MA to everyone and do away with the health insurance companies and their greed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 12:19 PM

926 posts, read 1,256,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
I was watching 60 Minutes just a few minutes ago and they interviewed a Senator, Tom Colburn from the Midwest. He said that he ran for office because he had become increasingly more aware of how politicians have become more concerned about themselves and their image than the people they serve. I had just made almost the same comment about politicians in Baltimore and Maryland. They appear to be more concerned about being on TV and hearing themselves talk than doing what they were put in to office to do, i.e. serve the people they represent. Look at the Mosby, the mayor, Mikulski just to name a few. On the national level we have Obama, who I voted for twice, who is willing to take on health care for illegal immigrants at the tax payers expense. I would see him as a great man if he said I , personally am willing to pay for health care costs for individuals who have never worked a day in their lives including illegal immigrants and locally drug addicts, pregnant teenagers etc. I having been paying $1200 a month for health insurance for a family of four to the point where I am ready to claim bankruptcy and he wants to just give our money away. If that is the case then give MA to everyone and do away with the health insurance companies and their greed.
Narcissistic self absorbed politicians. This is not new. Baltimore has suffered because so many of them see Baltimore as a stepping stone to their real desires.

As far as Obama goes, I'm so done with him. Makes my pressure rise. He revealed himself in the first term and didn't get my vote for the second term. At this point I'm praying his time and SRB's time winds down before they can push any more of their agendas.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:18 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,065,489 times
That's the case everywhere, not just Baltimore - make some lofty promises, get elected, collect nice fat paycheck (and pension) for having a pulse and maybe showing up at the office every now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: