Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 07:03 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,103,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
So, every professional sports team that has moved should have changed their name[s]? Or just the Colts?

The City of Cleveland, not the NFL, threatened legal action agents Model. Keeping the name and logo in Cleveland was a part of a compromise that allowed them to leave.

Yes, and part of that compromise was that Modell use his influence in the NFL to get Cleveland another NFL team within a year. That is why Cleveland had a replacement team so quickly, whereas Baltimore had to wait about 15 years for another team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 07:00 PM

926 posts, read 1,256,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMVboy View Post
I grew up in PG county. I was born in 1984, the year the Colts left Maryland. My question is, since I was just a child during the 80s and 90s, what was the (sports) bar scene in Baltimore like during football season after the Colts left and before the Ravens came to town? I know you had some people in the area who gravitated towards the Redskins during that time but did the residents as a whole continue to fill up the bars during football season during the era the city was without an NFL team?

You do?

I know alot of people/Colt fans and NONE became Redskin fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: