Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:31 PM

3 posts, read 15,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I agree that Baltimore has some of the WORST customer service I've encountered anywhere. And it's not "occasional", it's fairly frequent. I walked out of Fraziers in Hampden just last night after asking the hostess if i should seat myself or wait to be seated. She was preoccupied with something else and essentially ignored me, as in, did not even respond to me. After 5 minutes standing in front of her I seated myself and proceeded to sit for 15 minutes without so much as a "we'll be right with you". I walked out, annoyed but not surprised since this happens in Baltimore all the time. A friend on mine in sales told me that because the cost of living is so high in Baltimore, restaurants, retailers and even wholesalers cannot afford to hire "professionals" because they demand wages that support the cost of living and that although it's not a problem in other states, Maryland is just to expensive to live in to pay servers and retail folks the kind of money they need to pay rent, utilities, etc. Don't know if that is true, but, when you visit other cities, you quickly learn how customer service in Baltimore pales in comparison. I've always wondered what impact that has on tourism here.
i totally agree i could see why they could have an attitude but to not service you in the correct manner thats ridicoulous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 03:35 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,263 times
*Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Crazy right!??!!

Question? Is there a ghetto professional way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1215 View Post
ive been living here for four years now and it seems that everywhere i go i feel like people hate you and they want you to die as if they have a personal issue with you and this one time i was at a drive thru at a mcdonalds and as i was waiting for someone to take my order all i was greeted with was a "what chu want? in a real low ghetto unprofessional way so i just let it go no big deal but each item i was ordering this african american lady seemed really pissed that i was ordering like it was bothering her and she kept rolling her eyes and giving me a hateful attitude so i just stopped ordering and said just nevermind its cool i dont want to bother you by making you do your job ma'am and drove off seems like its like that everywhere i go

Old 01-14-2015, 08:23 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,295,516 times
Quote:
ive been living here for four years now and it seems that everywhere i go i feel like people hate you and they want you to die as if they have a personal issue with you and this one time i was at a drive thru at a mcdonalds and as i was waiting for someone to take my order all i was greeted with was a "what chu want? in a real low ghetto unprofessional way so i just let it go no big deal but each item i was ordering this african american lady seemed really pissed that i was ordering like it was bothering her and she kept rolling her eyes and giving me a hateful attitude so i just stopped ordering and said just nevermind its cool i dont want to bother you by making you do your job ma'am and drove off seems like its like that everywhere i go
If you look closely, you'll find the answer/problem, within your own question! Hint: it consists of two words, followed by the word 'lady'!

Old 01-15-2015, 07:10 PM

52 posts, read 109,528 times
I think it's not so much a Maryland thing, as it is a McDonald's thing. Going to a McDomald's your dealing with pretty much the bottom of the barrel regardless of what state or city you happen to be in.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:31 PM

777 posts, read 880,612 times
Quote:
I don't know how you choose to handle someone
you perceive hates you in the private arena
but if a major food chain is involved grievances can
be duly noted online at the corporate website.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:25 AM

545 posts, read 1,100,158 times
LOL you think marylanders are unfriendly? Come up to North Jersey. When I was in Maryland I thought people were TOO Friendly at first..

Old 01-18-2015, 04:37 AM

3 posts, read 9,066 times
Default Why are baltimore people so rude?

Baltimore people are not so rude as they are mislead with limited knowledge. I lived in Baltimore for 20 years (relocated 3 mths ago). I found most of the residents to be very "Klanish", meaning if you have an issue or disagreement with one, they involve the whole family. I found most to be very narrow minded thinkers and women into hair and nails regardless of economic status. The women, for the most part, are men chasers, whether the men are married or not. I was soooo happy and thrilled when I left Baltimore and hope I will never have to return there for ANYTHING. But, when you encounter someone rude, just ignore them because they may beleive it's a compliment (they wouldn't know ant better).

Old 01-18-2015, 04:57 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria jordon View Post
The women, for the most part, are men chasers...
I don't feel chased.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:17 PM

417 posts, read 594,042 times
The DC metro area has some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. People in general are rude in that area. Everyone thinks that every one else has it better and people are just soooooo bitter. DC men and surrounding areas are rude and arrogant. Get over yourselves. No one cares about anyone.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:06 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,487,037 times
It seems that customer service is lost on the customer. Being mediocre seems to be the new normal. I have a phrase, " I'm paying for this, you're not doing me a favor!" Demand the service, from McDonalds to the Prime Rib, if you don't get it, complain, complain, complain to management. And if you don't get the service or cooperation from management, walk out, get your money back or whatever the case. I don't spend money on mediocre services. The customer is always right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore