U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-22-2015, 08:31 PM
 
1,310 posts, read 1,193,623 times
Reputation: 797

Advertisements

These neighborhood typography maps get better and better with each version. However, I do wonder how they come up with a median price of $39,485 for type E block groups. I live in a type E group and I see substantially higher sales prices when I look back over the past couple of years. One thing is for sure, you can't buy a livable house in a type E group for $39,000. As I am prone to say, "If you want a house with a roof, that costs extra."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-22-2015, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
684 posts, read 814,079 times
Reputation: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
That's better. Thank you! The previous map did not have the Legend on the bottom!
No problem your welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
These neighborhood typography maps get better and better with each version. However, I do wonder how they come up with a median price of $39,485 for type E block groups. I live in a type E group and I see substantially higher sales prices when I look back over the past couple of years. One thing is for sure, you can't buy a livable house in a type E group for $39,000. As I am prone to say, "If you want a house with a roof, that costs extra."
Yeah they do I was just surprised on how close I was with my map I made. That's interesting about type E.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2015, 05:48 AM
 
661 posts, read 1,087,933 times
Reputation: 135
Curious, so property values dropped after the riots, does that mean monthly mortgages got lower or not? It would be nice if my rent dropped to market value (lower)? But it's unlikely. Although I saw a house for sale for $5K ready to move in right near the Penn Station, Pennsylvania ave./North Ave. area. I guess the former owner is running for his life?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Baltimore
684 posts, read 814,079 times
Reputation: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealfa View Post
Curious, so property values dropped after the riots, does that mean monthly mortgages got lower or not? It would be nice if my rent dropped to market value (lower)? But it's unlikely. Although I saw a house for sale for $5K ready to move in right near the Penn Station, Pennsylvania ave./North Ave. area. I guess the former owner is running for his life?
Penn Ave/North Avenue area is not in the same area as Pennsylvania Station not far though. That intersection if I'm not mistaken is the area that the most events took place in and was never a really a wealthy prosperous area of the city. In the areas of the city away from the epicenter of the riot with a strong foundation home value prices have held steady after what happened in the Sandtown-Winchester, Druid Heights, Penn North, Mondawmin area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 09:54 AM
 
847 posts, read 913,474 times
Reputation: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernest Southernest C View Post
Penn Ave/North Avenue area is not in the same area as Pennsylvania Station not far though. That intersection if I'm not mistaken is the area that the most events took place in and was never a really a wealthy prosperous area of the city. In the areas of the city away from the epicenter of the riot with a strong foundation home value prices have held steady after what happened in the Sandtown-Winchester, Druid Heights, Penn North, Mondawmin area.
You seem to think that a wealthy family from NY, Chicago etc... Seems to know Baltimore like the back of their hand. They are on the border about moving to Baltimore, they see the riots etc. Then they decide Hell no...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 09:57 AM
 
Location: southern california
61,305 posts, read 79,644,867 times
Reputation: 55458
Same as New Orleans after the first mugging gone
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
684 posts, read 814,079 times
Reputation: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
You seem to think that a wealthy family from NY, Chicago etc... Seems to know Baltimore like the back of their hand. They are on the border about moving to Baltimore, they see the riots etc. Then they decide Hell no...
I have no idea what you're trying to say here...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 12:43 PM
 
847 posts, read 913,474 times
Reputation: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernest Southernest C View Post
I have no idea what you're trying to say here...
Closed minds....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 04:19 PM
 
1,310 posts, read 1,193,623 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
You seem to think that a wealthy family from NY, Chicago etc... Seems to know Baltimore like the back of their hand. They are on the border about moving to Baltimore, they see the riots etc. Then they decide Hell no...
I don't get this. Perhaps it would make sense to me if I lived in the Washington area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 06:11 PM
 
1,114 posts, read 1,230,553 times
Reputation: 730
I didn't read all the comments so this might be redundant, but Guilford and Roland Park are where most of the wealth is in Baltimore
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top